Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Ride
    24 ft Four Winns
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefoot View Post
    Loved fort Myers beach. So much so that we've already made reservations to go back for next new years eve. Staying just north of the pier was perfect. Short walk to many bars and restaurants, but still quiet and not overcrowded on the beach. Great place for a vacation.
    OK...where did you stay?

My Ride
    2007 Chaparral 276 SSX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE GHOST View Post
    OK...where did you stay?
    I booked late, so couldn't get a cottage beach side, so we got a place overlooking Estero pass around the 400 block of Estero Blvd. The place we've booked for next NYE is a little closer to the pier, beachside... around the 600 block. There are several hotels, condos, and cottages in that stretch. From a proximity standpoint, you can't go wrong with anything on the north end... I did learn the hard way that AirBnB allows "hosts" to delete negative feedback... So, if a place only has a couple of positive feedback's, avoid them. Lesson learned.

My Ride
    2016 Manitou Legacy LT SRS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
    We love the Siesta Key area. Kind of like a low-key Key West. (no pun intended). A little more family friendly, but still a nice party-vacation area.
    Just booked another week on Siesta Key for a "working" vacation. Can't wait.

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need to quit coming down here for fun and work, or I'm gonna end up moving! By the end of this year, we will have spent nearly 2-3 months of time visiting/staying in Florida between Orlando, Vero Beach, and SWF since 2016.

I can't decide where the ultimate best place would be if we do make the plunge. Punta Gorda and CC are appealing due to ability to live on a canal fairly affordably, but then again, I have to wonder if boating is best done out of a marina. 3 car garage, pool, and great schools would be a must. LOVE the sarasota area.

My Ride
    2012 Manitou SES SHP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We would have moved already if it was my call. I can live anywhere in “southeast” for my role. Can’t convince momma (quality teacher that I think could easily get a job). My folks would move with us to be close to grandkids, and they spend three months already anyway.

Wildcat, ive already looked into schools. Bonita Springs area seems to have the best schools on the gulf side. Housing prices reflect that though, and boating would definitely be via marina. Headed to Orlando next week for work and Marco Island in March for kids spring break.

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wondering if anyone knows much about the North Port area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE GHOST View Post
    The weather channel is on it...

http://www.toxiclake.com/
    I just watched that. It brings all the factors in to focus. I had seen stories on the news about the algae. I had a little understanding of the draining of the swamps.

I think one of the biggest things they could do is to lobby congress to get rid of the tariffs that allow sugar to be produced. If local congressmen were under pressure from the voters and this pressure was spread to other states through fishermen and other outdoor enthusiast.

Nabisco has moved its cookie production to mexico because US sugar prices are higher than the world markets due to the tariffs.

https://www.heritage.org/trade/repor...ugar-consumers