My Ride
    2013 SeaArk "Big Easy"
    Post Thanks / Like

Spring Break spoonbill trip at Grand Lake

We had a blast last week working the upper end of Grand Lake on the Neosho river. It started off too easy on day one trolling we hit a big one with in the first 30 minutes and I panicked he was huge and I couldn't get my hand in his mouth to hang on and he was pissed and lost him at the side of the boat, the hook came out and he started rolling, then 100 yards down the wife got a hit on her first spoonbill a 38lb and we got the fish in the boat. Then the cold front moved in and rain and next three days nothing but crappy raining weather. Couldn't get any in the boat, would get a hit and it would surface and come unhooked. On our last day we headed way way up river and hit a school and had 4 spoons in the boat in 20 minutes making it way too easy again. So we Headed home Sunday wore out but managed to put 5 spoonbill in the boat for 238.2lbs and lost 5 more. We managed to find some Grand Lake monsters with the biggest being 63lbs,52.7lbs,50.7lbs,38.8lb,33lbs. The Best part of the trip was getting my wife, dad and sister-in-law there first spoonbill. I would say our spring break fishing trip was a success!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Livinglife2~
    ~Marcus & Tammy~

My Ride
    2013 SeaArk "Big Easy"
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Livinglife2~
    ~Marcus & Tammy~

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like fun, good catch also