Post Thanks / Like

Figuring out correct fuel pump

I've got a 1988 Webbcraft with a 7.4 Mercruiser Bravo one. Trying to figure out what fuel pump it has. I've tried to find numbers identifying what motor it is but have not had any luck. Is there anyone here that can? The symptoms are when in gear at idle/cove speeds it's seems to miss. All plugs wires etc... replaced. Any help appreciated. Thanks Pete

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    More likely a carb issue than fuel pump.

You can go to www.mercruiserparts.com to figure out exactly what engine you have

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    More likely a carb issue than fuel pump.

You can go to www.mercruiserparts.com to figure out exactly what engine you have
    Carb was rebuilt and a new carb was put into use also with the same results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Supposed to be # 861156A1 I believe

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    You don't need hardly any fuel pressure at idle. A fuel pressure problem gets worse under load and with more rpm.

Bad/leaking exhaust manifolds that are dripping water internally will cause what you describe also.

Before replacing the fuel and throwing parts at it, check the fuel pressure thoughout the rpm range under load.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    You don't need hardly any fuel pressure at idle. A fuel pressure problem gets worse under load and with more rpm.

Bad/leaking exhaust manifolds that are dripping water internally will cause what you describe also.

Before replacing the fuel and throwing parts at it, check the fuel pressure thoughout the rpm range under load.
    How do I determine if I have exhaust manifold issues? Appreciate any advice.

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take the risers off and look for water down in the manifold or white streaks of mineral buildup in the manifolds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Petemag View Post
    I've got a 1988 Webbcraft with a 7.4 Mercruiser Bravo one. Trying to figure out what fuel pump it has. I've tried to find numbers identifying what motor it is but have not had any luck. Is there anyone here that can? The symptoms are when in gear at idle/cove speeds it's seems to miss. All plugs wires etc... replaced. Any help appreciated. Thanks Pete
    No kidding run it with the spark arrestor off see if fuel is coming out of your vent tubes on your carburetor sounds like swamped floats just made a post about my cool weighted ones!! Will pick up a dead Miss as the fuel coming out of the top of vent tubes enters the intake stream totally had me fooled at first thought it was ignition problem. Just my two cents worth but maybe only worth a penny

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk