My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like

Are Weber grills the bee's knees?

The PO of my condo left a Q series Weber grill and it's far and away the best grill I have ever used. It gets really hot, really even, and it taught me that cast iron grates are the only way to go. It is seasoned REALLY well and I know that contributes a lot too. Toward the top of my list of favorite things to do at the lake is grill on this damn grill. I'm ruined.
    At home I grill 3+ times per week year-round. I've always just had the walmart-specials and I use em up then throw em away.

So I'm wondering;
    Are all Weber grills as good as that Q series?
    What's everyone recommend, considering it'll be used 3+ times per week?
    Any pellet heads use one to grill that often?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used all different brands of Grills, and like you, thrown the cheaper ones out after 2 or 3 years. if lucky. My last Weber Q I have had for 5 years now and still going strong. Better to pay 2 or 3 times more and get better results [ higher heat ], and last much longer.

As far as pellet grills go, I have 2 Tragers, but use for completely different things. Mostly BBQ, low and slow. Mine do not get hot enough to fix a steak to my liking. I like a fast sear and char on the outside, and pink in the middle. Hard to do with my Trager.

My Ride
    Crownline 202 LPX
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have had a Weber Silver for 15 years and love it. Ive replaced the grates twice and finally need to replace the burners. We grill out 2 or 3 times per week and it gets hot fast and has a little bit of a hot spot on the back left which works out pretty well for me. I picked up a small Traeger at Cargo Largo last year and that has changed my game a bit. We use that more now. My favorite is to smoke a 2 thick ribeye on the Traeger for an hour and the get the Weber red hot, sear each side for 3 minutes, and rest it for a few more. Olive oil, splash of soy, Sage, granulated garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper, cayenne - boom

My Ride
    1992 24' baja outlaw whippled
    Post Thanks / Like
    My charbrioler has held up better then my Webber did