Thread: Hello!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello!

Hello everyone! We are from central IL, small town between Bloomington and Champaign, about 4.5 hours away. First trip was 2 years ago right after the 4th of July and we have been back 3 more times already. 3 trips to Tan Tara and 1 to Four Seasons. We absolutely love it!

Two kids, 2 and half years and 3 months. We have already decided at least one trip a summer will be a family tradition that we are glad we started the very first summer we had our oldest .

We have a 21’ Chaparral Bow Rider that isn’t a big fan of the rough water during busy weekends/holidays but will hold her own otherwise. We take our 2 year old out on it every weekend at our local lake in IL but I’m not comfortable taking him on LOTO yet. Actually this damn lake has me looking at new boats for that exact reason. Looking in the 27-29’ range, about as big as I wanna trailer around constantly since it will still be used the majority of the year in IL (Clinton and Shelbyville for this if you that know the area).

Anyway, this seems like a good place to get info and learn more about the lake and area so I’ll be lurking around .

My Ride
    Challenger SV24 "RUSH HOUR"
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the sickness!
    Ours, and many other's, stories are very similar. We had a boat that worked fine and we loved trailering around exploring lakes and wakeboarding, saw a MWBP sticker on a car at work, researched LOTO, learned enough on here to know I wanted a bigger boat to handle it, got one and continued to trailer that, moved two hours closer and kept trailering for 2 years, got tired of sweating the dummies in rush hour getting across KC on Fridays for LOTO weekends, rented a slip/lift at a marina for a few years and left the boat, now we are condo owners and I'm working on my pilot's license so we can get there more easily. Couldn't be happier. Buckle up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tell me about it, my wife left her job to be a stay at home mom until our kids get to scoop age and I’ve already got planned what we’re gonna do with her extra salary when she goes back...most of it has to do with ways to spend more time at the lake.