Thread: Bear Bottoms

Post Thanks / Like

Bear Bottoms

Wife, neighbor and I went to Bear Bottom Saturday evening. Thought fireworks were at 9, nope 9:45. Anyway we went to eat and see the fireworks. They have a nacho chip appetizer that is unbelievable in size. We got a 1/4 order and couldn't finish it. Now I'm glad we didn't. Both my wife and I were sick the next day. Didn't want to get to far from the bathroom. Neighbor didn't have any and that is the only thing we had in common. My Man sandwich(shaved prime) was ok. The onion rings were overcooked and greasy. Wife's buffalo chicken was chicken fingers dipped in sauce. She ate one of the two and said it was tough and old. She did say the coleslaw was good. Not to sure if we'll go back. Still nursing digestive issues today, Monday. Atmosphere/band was good. Waitresses were good and attentive. Just thought I'd share.

My Ride
    24 ft Four Winns
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nachos did a number on me one weekend too.....but they are good!

My Ride
    290 PQ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always had great luck with Bear Bottoms

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've ate at Bear Bottoms numerous times and had the nachos several times and never any any issues.
    The problem was most likely because of packaged shredded lettuce. It has a higher risk of having bacteria.

Post Thanks / Like
    We were there Friday night, had the hot wings with their hottest sauce, best wings by far of any wings that I have had on the lake. Had a order of fried Portobello mushrooms, very good as well. BB's is not one of our regular stops, but we might move it up the list. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we decided to go back and give BB another chance. Had the nacho's again and this time no issues. They were good just wish they'd use a little better chip instead but, that's my opinion. My wife had wings and they were good. I realize it was St. Patrick's weekend and it would be busy, they definitely did not staff properly. Two waitresses, one was literally running her butt off. I appreciate her efforts! It seemed one was catering to the reserved tables for the Branding Iron employees tables. I understand the pain they were experiencing and the server was taking care of other industry people who just suffered a loss. There was one bartender to boot. We had to hunt down the waitress, the one running her butt off, twice to have her come to get a food order for a couple that showed up a little before the first bus load arrived. For them from arrival to getting their food took over an hour! I understand they were busy but staff accordingly. I do not blame the employees but management should have prepared better. Band was good but could have turned the volume down just a little since they were in an enclosed area. Unfortunately due to the smoke and the volume I left with a headache. At almost 62 I don't consider myself too old as the saying goes "if it's to loud you must be to old"..... Have a great season everyone!!