Thread: Nauti Cantina

My Ride
    340 Sea Ray
    Post Thanks / Like

Nauti Cantina

Went there when the pool opened about a month ago. Drinks were $6.00 and in a smaller cup than the normal heavy plastic ones everybody else uses and full of ice. Food was ok, but priced high for what you get. Unless things change, won't be going back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never been there but the reviews on Google aren't good. So do the owners have anything to do with nauti fish?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

My Ride
    Crownline 202 LPX
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went there about a month ago and thought the food was good. I had carne asada, which seems like an easy one for restaurants to screw up. Kudos to them for doing well on that. Their salsa was really good, the margaritas were good but I was wondering where the rest of it was - they use tiny little water cups. They made too many for some reason and brought us the extra for free which was nice, and our waitress was sweet and on top of it. We will go back there because I love my Mexican food and itís really close to the cabin. I wish the view was of the lake instead of a bunch of boat slips too. Thatís probably the biggest gripe I have with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    If they open up again next year with the same name I'll go check it out. If it stays running under the same ownership for 3 years I'll be surprised. Reviews that I have heard have been 50/50. The parking/docking is good (which accounts for alot), but it seems to be a place that most folks aren't very excited about returning to.

Post Thanks / Like
    They have a pool I think.

Anybody use it? Is it "kid friendly"?

My Ride
    297 SSX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bdlarkin View Post
    They have a pool I think.

Anybody use it? Is it "kid friendly"?
    We went last Friday. Pool is quite big with no tables in it so plenty of room for kids to play. It is kid friendly, next year they will have a separate kids pool on the other side we were told and this one will be the adult pool. I will say the pool lining is very rough, I would bring water shoes if your kids are fairly little.

Food is decent, pretty hard to have bad mexican IMO. Chips/salsa were actually really good.

They must have listened to the feedback some mentioned above because the frozen margaritas were in bigger cups than most places we go, and they were really good as well.

So in summary: big pool, kid friendly, good drinks, food's edible.

My Ride
    2006 Formula 280 bowrider
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the owners is sketchy.
    I will not be giving them a dollar of my money and will recommend all my friends stay away as well.
    We don’t support that kind.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing experiences and opinions, everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    We went with a group of 8. No one could eat the rice how do you mess up rice. The food was if my 9th grader made it. Met the owner then I remembered him

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/...in-joplin.html

Post Thanks / Like
    So he went from owning a towing company to a Mexican restaurant owner. That's quite a career change.

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe cash business' laundering cartel money

Iowa, south of Omaha, NE./LOTO,Gravois arm
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by c jones View Post
    So he went from owning a towing company to a Mexican restaurant owner. That's quite a career change.

He still has the towing company. He also bought the molds for the liquid glass boats and is going to try and build boats. ��

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    We went with a group of 8. No one could eat the rice how do you mess up rice. The food was if my 9th grader made it. Met the owner then I remembered him

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/...in-joplin.html
    Ditto....the rice was terrible! You have to try really hard to screw rice up. We had 8 and no one really was impressed with the food....the kids said the wings were good but looked like it was a Tyson bag they bought from walmart. Pool was good. I'll go back for cocktails but probably not the food.