Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Ride
    Chaparral 256ssi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    So they opened in July or August and it's September and they are closed already. Did they actually think they were going to be turning a profit in less than 3 months ? When I opened my business is 1984 it took 2 1/2 years before I had my first profitable month. It takes time to build a business. 34 years later I'm still in business and planning for the next chapter in my life. It sounds to me like a definite lack of working capital. I was always told you should have enough working capital to sustain the first 2 years with moderate losses.
    I think they opened earlier than that, maybe even last year? But I agree with you. I went by many times and intended to stop but never saw more than a car or two in the parking lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickb View Post
    I think they opened earlier than that, maybe even last year? But I agree with you. I went by many times and intended to stop but never saw more than a car or two in the parking lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickb View Post

You already said this once.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wrench View Post
    My in-laws are the worst nit-picking critics of all time, and whenever a new place opens up they break their legs getting there so they can report to us what a shithole it is. "The food is always sub-standard, the waitress is always snotty and either has offensive tattoos or gross fingernails".... it's always something.

I have in-laws like this too, they say "we always get bad service" then we say 'yes you do even when you serve yourselves"