My Ride
    What ever they let me drive
    Post Thanks / Like

Message from the Water Patrol re: Shoot Out no wake zone

Midwest Boat Party Members:

The Missouri State Highway Patrol will be sending out additional media correspondence this week regarding the significant restrictions for the 2018 Shootout. We realize the restrictions can be an inconvenience, but have determined these restrictions are necessary to ensure a safe boating environment and to reduce property damage in the vicinity of the event. Ideally, we would not need these restrictions, but the popularity and diversity of Lake of the Ozarks during such a large-scale event requires these additional measures.

Please share this information in order to assist the Patrol in informing boaters about these restrictions. It is hoped that making boaters aware of the restrictions will help minimize any inconvenience.

2018 Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Restrictions─No wake, idle speed from the 31.5-mile mark to the 36-mile mark on Saturday, August 25, and Sunday, August 26, 2018. In addition, on Saturday only of the event there will be an extended idle speed area from the 31.5-mile mark to the 21-mile mark from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.

A map of the restrictions is also available at the Water Patrol Divisionís website:
    http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSH...rol/index.html

After the event, any feedback regarding the restrictions would be welcomed via email at boatinfo@mshp.dps.mo.gov, or by calling 573-751-5071.

Sincerely,
    Captain Matt Walz
    Water Patrol Division Director
    www.BigThunderMarine.com

My Ride
    Challenger SV24 "RUSH HOUR"
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bet there will be a lot of boats out from the 21mm-27mm that don't care about the shootout, and don't have a clue about the extended no wake zone. Water patrol will be busy, if they even have enough boats to really patrol that area..

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saturday will be a no boating day Up from the 21MM
    Life is gooder in retirement !!!! - Endless Summer Live Life !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pogrelis97 View Post
    I bet there will be a lot of boats out from the 21mm-27mm that don't care about the shootout, and don't have a clue about the extended no wake zone. Water patrol will be busy, if they even have enough boats to really patrol that area..
    Kinda wondering how that will be marked and enforced. Just imagining an out-of-town family towing a tube in their rental pontoon down the main channel.

Big "No Wake!!" banners on Water Patrol/Volunteer boats?

I hope all stay safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are 4 bass tournaments scheduled (and regatta permits issued) for that weekend. Just sayin'.

Many folks from out of town who probably don't read the local newspaper or listen to local radio. Guess it's the tournament organizers responsibility to make all the participants aware of the confusing (to them) new temporary rule. We're the organizers made aware at the time the regatta permits we're approved back in January ?

Bet not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaNinja View Post
    Just imagining an out-of-town family towing a tube in their rental pontoon ....
    Try imagining an out of town family in a rental pontoon even knowing where the 25mm is.