Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Ride
    38 EC Fountain/252 Formula
    Post Thanks / Like

Charter internet rate /meg increase

I noticed both my St. Peter’s and LOTO house had a $10 a month increase for charter internet. Called tonight because a IT friend of mine said that rate increase was because we get 200 meg now. So I called and they said it wasn’t automatic upgrade but a free upgrade upon request. They said my LOTO house (four seasons ) was 60 meg and they would up it to 100 meg for free and my modem was fine. Then I “requested the upgrade on my St. Peter’s house and they said it Would go from 100 to 200 meg but I need a new modem because the current one is only good for 125 meg. Thought you all should know as they raised rates but didn’t automatically give us the upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

My Ride
    2007 Chaparral 276 SSX
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really, really wish I had an alternative to Charter... thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    I called their 800 number yesterday. Was told yes that’s true. We have the Ultra TV package with 100Mb internet, no phone. Turns out with that package my internet goes to 400Mb. She wrote it up for customer install. We pick up the new modem today and will return the old one Monday. She also said we could have free WIFI router that I turned down since ours is rated for 1Gb. There was a onetime charge of $49 and the good news, our total bill is now $35 a month less.

My Ride
    Crownline 285ss
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefoot View Post
    I really, really wish I had an alternative to Charter.
    I just recently switched to Spectrum (Charter). Over the course of the past 8 years, I have used multiple other IP's (AT&T, Century Link, Dish & Charter) in my home. From that experience I have concluded that they all promise the world...until the "promotional period" is up, then you're just another account number. Time will tell if I end up disliking Charter as much as all the others.
    Deadrise & Derailleurs
    2014 Crownline 285ss
    The Best Medicine

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtiseddie View Post
    I just recently switched to Spectrum (Charter). Over the course of the past 8 years, I have used multiple other IP's (AT&T, Century Link, Dish & Charter) in my home. From that experience I have concluded that they all promise the world...until the "promotional period" is up, then you're just another account number. Time will tell if I end up disliking Charter as much as all the others.
    They all suck. Charter is what we have, and trust me it is no better. But, it is for our home, currently the best choice.
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    340 Sea Ray
    Post Thanks / Like
    Home bill went up. Guess I need to call and bitch. Any words of wisdom?

My Ride
    2016 Manitou Legacy LT SRS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I upgraded on my own to the 400MB service a while back....got a Google Wifi mesh system set up and finally have decent wifi in most areas of the house.

I used to blame Charter for issues I believe were mostly related to Netgear and their awful router I spent way too much money on.

My Ride
    Cafe Racer & 2 Champions
    Post Thanks / Like
    You might check with ComoConnect Fiber in the Big Niangua area. They're building the backbone for it now, just not sure what all it covers. My parents are in cove with NautiFish and they pulled fiber to the end of their road a few months back, but its not live yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadStinger View Post
    You might check with ComoConnect Fiber in the Big Niangua area. They're building the backbone for it now, just not sure what all it covers. My parents are in cove with NautiFish and they pulled fiber to the end of their road a few months back, but its not live yet.
    Interested. We are in a cove on the other side and a bit east of the Hwy 5 bridge. 5-77 area.

My Ride
    Chaparral 256ssi
    Post Thanks / Like
    I recently switched from Charter to CoMo and couldn’t be happier. Faster speed and lower cost. Only problem is Charter apparently expects me to pay for service after I disconnected and turned in my modem. They sent several bills that I refuse to pay and then turned over to a collection agency.

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds about right.... Dispute the collection notice when they send it to you. Do a form letter so when they send it from place to place you don't have to think about it just be annoyed. ALSO when the Agency calls, tell them immediately it is disputed and to NEVER call again. They can not put it on your credit report if you do those 2 things, it is a violation of the FDCPA. eventually it will go away.
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    2016 Manitou Legacy LT SRS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish Southwest Elec would play nice with CoMo and let them bring the fiber to our area

My Ride
    34 Superboat
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waiting on CoMo here at 5-65 area , they took a 100.00 deposit for service but won't give a time it might get up and running

Really hope it works

My Ride
    Wellcraft 32 Express Cruiser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 34SS View Post
    Waiting on CoMo here at 5-65 area , they took a 100.00 deposit for service but won't give a time it might get up and running

Really hope it works
    We did the same. They said back during the summer that it would be before the end of this year. Has anyone even seen them laying the cable? I sure haven't but also haven't been around much since September.