Post Thanks / Like

Topcoat F11 or Equivalent Ceramic Coatings??????

Anyone try these? I have been sold for many years on Performance Boat Candy wax, but am considering these ceramic products for use on my hull bottom due to easy of application.

We boat the Missouri River, even though lift kept, the mineral stains don't take long to leave their yellowish brown stains. I typically wax the bottom of my hull every spring (not a fun task on a 38" boat BTW) and it keeps the gelcoat sealed up well for the first month or so. Once I use Iron Out or The Works to clean the stain, it comes back again within a couple outings.

Wondering if the Topcoat F11 would last longer than wax, or is it easy enough to quickly apply while on lift? I see some products are applied with a foam gun and simply rinsed with water. Seems too good to be true to me.

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reggie (Stevie Wonder) and I have been using F11 for a few years now..... For me, I use it on my golf cart and vehicles, (no boat guy )---- Give it a try
    Life is gooder in retirement !!!! - Endless Summer Live Life !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My understanding is you can't get any wax whatsoever on the vehicle or use automatic car washes, which probably isn't an issue for the boat. Otherwise all the reviews I've heard are great. Once you're​ done boating just hose it off, wipe it down and it looks like new.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

My Ride
    Challenger SV24 "RUSH HOUR"
    Post Thanks / Like
    I replied to your post on OSO, I used F11 a few times before I had my boat ceramic coated. F11 works and is easy to apply but it doesn't last, I was waxing my boat every other time i took it out and using F11 in between. Ceramic coating is the best option, it pricey up front but I didn't wax my boat all last year and it is just as easy to wipe the soot off the transom as the first trip out after being coated.
    F11 definitely wouldn't last as long as wax, but since it's so easy to apply it might be a good alternative.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pogrelis97 View Post
    I replied to your post on OSO, I used F11 a few times before I had my boat ceramic coated. F11 works and is easy to apply but it doesn't last, I was waxing my boat every other time i took it out and using F11 in between. Ceramic coating is the best option, it pricey up front but I didn't wax my boat all last year and it is just as easy to wipe the soot off the transom as the first trip out after being coated.
    F11 definitely wouldn't last as long as wax, but since it's so easy to apply it might be a good alternative.

It you had to apply every other time, then id say its a joke and not worth the effort.