Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Ride
    2007 Chaparral 276 SSX
    Post Thanks / Like

Where to host a group of employees this summer...

Folks, I want to get your perspective on where a good place to host a group of sales and sales engineers this summer for a mix of work and play. I'd like to stay close to the action in OB, which probably knocks the Lodge at Old Kinderhook out. It will probably be around a dozen people for a couple of nights, and I want to make sure I put them up somewhere that is updated... which narrows the field significantly. The said, I haven't been to many of the lake lodging properties in a while. I'd love to know the pro's and con's of each...

Lodge of the Four Seasons
    Camden on the Lake
    Lodge at Port Arrowhead
    Margaritaville (not sure how far they are along in the reno)

If there's any I missed, please chime in. Thanks in advance... My folks hear me talk about LOTO all of the time, but most have never been as they are spread far and wide. I'd like to show them the best we have to offer. Thanks.

My Ride
    1995 Chris Craft 33 Crowne
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefoot View Post
    Lodge of the Four Seasons
    Camden on the Lake
    Lodge at Port Arrowhead
    Margaritaville (not sure how far they are along in the reno)
    I'll comment on what I can - and as a frequent business traveler try to take that into account.

Lodge of the Four Seasons - Haven't stayed there in 20 years, you'll have access to conference rooms though.

Camden on the Lake - IMO the nicest on the list. Rooms are larger, have a great view, they'll be right in the middle of the lake action and can at least walk to a couple of good bars. Conference rooms available, going to be pricey. Probably the best for "showing off" the lake.

Lodge at Port Arrowhead - Stayed there last year, rooms are updated and clean, but zero question the place was built in the 70's. Good location by road to explore though. I think there are conference rooms available. Good bang for the buck.

Margaritaville (not sure how far they are along in the reno) - Not sure either. Attended a dozen conferences with my Dad when I was kid, and I know some that have been to conferences recently so they should still hopefully know how to host a business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another option: Stones Mansion, Is at the 20.5mm, Dude Ranch Rd and Nichols Point, Osage Beach. Close to everything!

Stones Mansion,Contact information www.Stonesmansion.com, https://www.vrbo.com/268441
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    2007 Chaparral 276 SSX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaholic View Post
    Another option: Stones Mansion, Is at the 20.5mm, Dude Ranch Rd and Nichols Point, Osage Beach. Close to everything!

Stones Mansion,Contact information www.Stonesmansion.com, https://www.vrbo.com/268441
    There won't be any sharing of rooms... at least none that I want to know about (LOL).. so this won't work. Cool place though. Thx.

My Ride
    2007 Chaparral 276 SSX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by natesms View Post
    I'll comment on what I can - and as a frequent business traveler try to take that into account.

Lodge of the Four Seasons - Haven't stayed there in 20 years, you'll have access to conference rooms though.

Camden on the Lake - IMO the nicest on the list. Rooms are larger, have a great view, they'll be right in the middle of the lake action and can at least walk to a couple of good bars. Conference rooms available, going to be pricey. Probably the best for "showing off" the lake.

Lodge at Port Arrowhead - Stayed there last year, rooms are updated and clean, but zero question the place was built in the 70's. Good location by road to explore though. I think there are conference rooms available. Good bang for the buck.

Margaritaville (not sure how far they are along in the reno) - Not sure either. Attended a dozen conferences with my Dad when I was kid, and I know some that have been to conferences recently so they should still hopefully know how to host a business.
    Good stuff... thank you for taking the time to write up.

My Ride
    Apache Brave
    Post Thanks / Like
    Grand Glaze Inn maybe priced better. I have not been there years.

Post Thanks / Like
    We walked through grand glaize a year or to ago. I didn't think much of the place.

Fours season did a major update to a lot of the resort a couple of years ago.

Margaritaville has been under going renovations for a year and a half. My guess is it is nearing completion and should be done in time. Redheads is a short drive. Head from Margaritaville back towards the bypass but take a left by one of the golf courses. I assume the cruise ship still docks there too.

My Ride
    2007 Chaparral 276 SSX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justfishing View Post
    We walked through grand glaize a year or to ago. I didn't think much of the place.

Fours season did a major update to a lot of the resort a couple of years ago.

Margaritaville has been under going renovations for a year and a half. My guess is it is nearing completion and should be done in time. Redheads is a short drive. Head from Margaritaville back towards the bypass but take a left by one of the golf courses. I assume the cruise ship still docks there too.
    Thanks... I'm thinking Margaritaville might work out... I'm going to run down in the next week or two and see how it's coming... One of my guys has a Cig 39 GTS (Center Console), so we should be able to cruise the lake in style.

My Ride
    24 ft Four Winns
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have stayed at Tan Tara several times for conferences - one thing to remember - it's Billy Goat Hill - everything is up hill - but it has always served our purposes.

Camden on the lake will really work with you on prices depending on number of rooms and time of year - I would definitely give them a call

My Ride
    33' Eliminator Daytona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefoot View Post
    Thanks... I'm thinking Margaritaville might work out... I'm going to run down in the next week or two and see how it's coming... One of my guys has a Cig 39 GTS (Center Console), so we should be able to cruise the lake in style.
    Nice Cigg!!

I would defiantly recommend Camden, place is very nice, lots to eat and all the night life is right there so there won't be much driving, as well as your guy can get a slip for his boat for the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Depending on the dates and availability you can rent homes at Redhead. We have two 3 bedroom houses and two 5 bedroom houses. They come with golf carts to go to PBC, Redhead and Shorty Pants.

http://www.redheadyachtclub.com/rentals.html

My Ride
    2012 Manitou SES SHP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tan Tara / margaritaville rooms would definitely need to be checked before booking. No personal experience, but reviews aren’t high even after renovations. Also, even though margaritaville is great for lake, wouldn’t be my choice to showcase the lake as you can see that ‘chain’ in a lot of places.

As a frequent business traveler, Camden would be my #1. Walk to shadys n toad in evening for high chance of live music good crowd. Redhead houses would be up there too, for great powerboat scene and easy boating to dog, paradise and backwaters to get vibe of lake.

My Ride
    1992 24' baja outlaw whippled
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have stayed at the redhead houses, they are super nice and great view

My Ride
    2007 Chaparral 276 SSX
    Post Thanks / Like
    RedHead houses would be awesome, but dates won't work. I've requested quotes from both Camden and Margaritaville. I appreciate everyone taking the time to comment. I cannot wait until boating season... OP boatshow is at least here..

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am staying at a Margaritaville right now in Pensacola. I thought that it would be a bit cheesy, but it is 1st class. It will be a great addition.

Of course Redhead would be #1, but it sounds l8ke it won’t work.