My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like

Just some old bikes

Took these at The Jones Gallery during the last First Friday in KC. Some pretty clean old bikes. The owner said his nice stuff is at his house. That restored Mach III is pretty incredible looking though. I think many of them were wrecked due to the unwieldy power delivery as the powerband comes on... this guy has two and one of them is all original with just a few hundred miles. The KZ900 is all original. I think it had under 2000 miles.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dredd; 02-02-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted one of those Hodaka wombats real bad back in the day but never got one. I bought a Honda XL 250.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've got an XL 185. I love enduros but it's really not a practical highway bike at all. It's pretty wrapped out at 50 mph. It's due for a chain/sprocket change and I've been thinking we'll go up a tooth in the front but I haven't done any research yet. I covered hundreds of south-central Kansas dirt road miles on that thing in my teens. It's my son's pride now.
    I've always wondered, is the 250 actually something you'd ride 65 mph on a highway?

I think I'm casually in the market for a Wombat. Just a great looking bike in so many ways.
    Last edited by Dredd; 02-02-2019 at 09:11 PM.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

Post Thanks / Like
    I still have the 250 but have not ridden it in years. 65 for very far would be a stretch.