Thread: What happened??

Post Thanks / Like

What happened??

Wasn't able to access the site most of last week.
    Was there an issue?
    Resolved?

My Ride
    Chaparral 256ssi
    Post Thanks / Like

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Rick.
    Sorry for the trouble. We didn't realize there was an issue for a couple days because it was fine for everyone that I had test it. It was supposed to be seamless from members perspectives. I'm pretty sure everything is normal now.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

Iowa, south of Omaha, NE./LOTO,Gravois arm
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Dredd ������
    Are we down to only 4 sponsor?

Post Thanks / Like
    I lost it on Android for several days. Don't know how many. One of the days I didn't have it on Android I could get on from a Windows laptop.

Post Thanks / Like
    It went completely dead for the last 10 or so days. I finally googled it and had to set a new favorite to get it to come on.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just tried on a different browser (edge) and it came up but I had to enter my password but that may have been due to not accessing from there for a while. Usually use chrome.

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by infield View Post
    It went completely dead for the last 10 or so days. I finally googled it and had to set a new favorite to get it to come on.
    The old shortcut that went directly to the forums was/is not working, but the site hardly went down. I had to change my shortcut/favorite.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by laketime View Post
    Thanks Dredd ������
    Are we down to only 4 sponsor?
    Yes, currently we have 4 great sponsors. Nobody has been actively "selling ads" over the past 12 to 18 months. We are trying to catch up now. If you have any leads please send them our way! It's cost prohibitive to operate without sponsors.
    jeff@midwestboatparty.com (me) or mike@midwestboatparty.com (baditude)

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    The old shortcut that went directly to the forums was/is not working, but the site hardly went down. I had to change my shortcut/favorite.
    Spot on. The server was never actually down (except for maybe a very short while in off peak hours). Rather, there was a configuration issue that made it difficult to access.

It should be redirecting now so that old shortcuts work again. I think this was the main thing that was wrong over that 5 or so day period. The host did not set the redirect up right at first. I noticed a few days later that clicking on a Google search result didn't load the page and then I checked our traffic numbers and they were down too so I finally realized there was a big issue. Traffic numbers are coming back up so I believe the issue is fixed.

If you notice something like that in the future, please don't hesitate to ask me about it. dredd@midwestboatparty.com
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    Yes, currently we have 4 great sponsors. Nobody has been actively "selling ads" over the past 12 to 18 months. We are trying to catch up now. If you have any leads please send them our way! It's cost prohibitive to operate without sponsors.
    jeff@midwestboatparty.com (me) or mike@midwestboatparty.com (baditude)

Spot on. The server was never actually down (except for maybe a very short while in off peak hours). Rather, there was a configuration issue that made it difficult to access.

It should be redirecting now so that old shortcuts work again. I think this was the main thing that was wrong over that 5 or so day period. The host did not set the redirect up right at first. I noticed a few days later that clicking on a Google search result didn't load the page and then I checked our traffic numbers and they were down too so I finally realized there was a big issue. Traffic numbers are coming back up so I believe the issue is fixed.

If you notice something like that in the future, please don't hesitate to ask me about it. dredd@midwestboatparty.com
    Yep, I just had to re-adjust my shortcut. It took me a bit to figure that out with the "404 Error..Server Not Found"

I know a few business owners that I may pitch this site to.
    I am not sure of their marketing budgets, though.

Might be worth a PM..