Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for help finding 20ft- 26ft boat

First time posting on the forum and looking for some guidance and input on my next purchase. Looking to spend around 25k on a boat with trailer between 20-26ft. I am looking for a boat with a sun pad and open bow is a bonus, but I have been interested in the outboards recently. That is not a common setup but I have ran across a couple. What I am wondering is which boats are good within 20-26ft, with sunpad, inboard or outboard setup, for around $25k. Would be running mostly large rivers, Mississippi and Missouri along with LOTO every now and then. I'm sure I am missing some criteria in order to get a good recommendation so feel free to throw questions! I appreciate any feedback and spring is right around the corner! Cheers!

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your criteria is pretty open-ended except for the outboard part. Your budget isn't that limiting either as long as you don't mind something with some age. Most of the runabout builders are pretty competitive on price and quality in the middle-market. In other words, Bayliner is going to be on the lower end where Cobalt is going to be on the upper end. The majority of builders; Crownline, Chaparrel, Rinker, Stingray, Glastron, just to name a few, are all going to be what I would refer to as middle-market.

Maybe we can help add some criteria. Do you plan to fish off of it at all? Do you usually cove out? Bar hop? Have kids? Watersports?
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    340 Sea Ray
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bigger is better. Rivers are going to be very high for a while when the snow starts melting up north. Is this your first boat?

My Ride
    Powerquest 380 Avenger
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 23ft PowerQuest available with a 496 MAG HO under the sundeck only 235 hours, bow rider with fill in cushions comes with Eagle trailer. E-mail me, I'll send you a drop box link to all the photos. voyagemarineandstorage@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you guys for the responses! I currently have an 18ft Jon boat with a 45 jet outboard but was looking to move up to something bigger. Normally I would run the gasconade river or Osage. I use that for fishing but wanted a bigger boat to cruise and spend days on the water with friends and family. The wife and I are expecting our first baby in July so the mid cabin with open bow has caught my eye, I just like the layout. The problem I have found with that style is they are mainly from the west coast Ultra, Warlock, etc. and run a little higher than my price range. I have found a couple within my price range but are far away. My main goal is to cove out, bar hop, and cruise near STL area. I have looked at center console boats but cannot find anything big enough within my price range that I like. I like the idea of the outboard due to longer boating seasons and fuel efficiency (not too concerned but still a bonus lol). The wife likes to lay out so I figured the sunpad would be the best way to accomplish that, and I like the sport look. I hope this helps fill in some blanks and I truly appreciate the replies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, I wouldn't be against going bigger than 25ft but would need to be manageable for a Sierra 1500 with trailer brakes.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you say mid-cabin, LOTO people will immediately think Envision Combo. This is very popular boat at the lake.
    Really quick search shows one that fits the bill for you:
    https://bigthundermarine.com/invento...2900-combo-xs/
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

Post Thanks / Like
    Dredd, I have seen that exact posting as well and it fits the criteria well! Is Envision boats pretty good? Everything I have found is good reviews but I feel like there is always something manufacturers are known for. Like you said, Envision boats seem to be a hot boat for LOTO. I've also seen the Envision 26 Pzazz which is a bow rider, no mid cabin. Any knowledge on these or any other recommendations for just open bows?

My Ride
    Apache Brave
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado915 View Post
    Thank you guys for the responses! I currently have an 18ft Jon boat with a 45 jet outboard but was looking to move up to something bigger. Normally I would run the gasconade river or Osage. I use that for fishing but wanted a bigger boat to cruise and spend days on the water with friends and family. The wife and I are expecting our first baby in July so the mid cabin with open bow has caught my eye, I just like the layout. The problem I have found with that style is they are mainly from the west coast Ultra, Warlock, etc. and run a little higher than my price range. I have found a couple within my price range but are far away. My main goal is to cove out, bar hop, and cruise near STL area. I have looked at center console boats but cannot find anything big enough within my price range that I like. I like the idea of the outboard due to longer boating seasons and fuel efficiency (not too concerned but still a bonus lol). The wife likes to lay out so I figured the sunpad would be the best way to accomplish that, and I like the sport look. I hope this helps fill in some blanks and I truly appreciate the replies!
    I have owned a few west coast boats and they are great at smaller lakes and the river. My HTM and Sleekcraft sucked at Loto. Fit and finish on the west coast boats are great. If you plan on boating at LOTO get a 24 degree boat to start with.

Post Thanks / Like
    KCHOTBOAT I agree, the west coast boats are extremely nice and honestly I wouldn't be against one if I found the right price. I really like the mid cabin designs on a lot of them. Any west coast boats that would be better for the LOTO chop? I know you said a 24 degree, know of any models that would be floating around the 25k mark? I've seens some pretty nice things out of the west coast to the point I would almost make the journey haha

Post Thanks / Like
    I like my 26 Pzazz. It does ok with the busy weekend waves. My boat does have a small mid cabin. Not a fast boat.

Sent from my SM-J727R4 using Tapatalk

My Ride
    Apache Brave
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado915 View Post
    KCHOTBOAT I agree, the west coast boats are extremely nice and honestly I wouldn't be against one if I found the right price. I really like the mid cabin designs on a lot of them. Any west coast boats that would be better for the LOTO chop? I know you said a 24 degree, know of any models that would be floating around the 25k mark? I've seens some pretty nice things out of the west coast to the point I would almost make the journey haha
    Since I don't like open bow boats ones I would look at are. Sonics the 25 has a head, Active Thunders, Pantara and even a 24 or 25 Baja Outlaw. I prefer closed bow boats. Had many great times married or single on a closed bow. What are you going to tow the boat with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not against a closed bow either. Hey, how can you have a bad time on a boat? I have a 2014 gmc 1500 with trailer brakes. I’ve seen a lot of talk about Bajas, are the outlaws better than other models?

Post Thanks / Like
    Would you have any pictures? All the ones I find for sale don’t have many interior pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Baja's a great boats, but like any boat you are looking to buy, look them over and have a survey done.

An over simplified explanation: Outlaws are their model without a windshield,(just a wind screen) the Islanders have a windshield. The setups other than that are basically.... the same.
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO