Post Thanks / Like

STL area boating

New to the STL boating scene and I know there has to be boating groups along with hot spots to hangout on the water. I've heard of a few "island" or sand bars but what are y'alls opinions or insight?

Post Thanks / Like
    Assuming your talking about the river / Alton Pool? There's one main sand bar that people go to. If you launch in the Dardenne Slough; it's on the other side of the island separating the river from the slough....you can't miss it.
    River Bills web site focuses on the Alton Pool boating but not sure how active it is anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, river area groups. I've seen River Bills website but wondering the same thing about which stuff was still active. Thank you for the information!

My Ride
    Challenger SV24 "RUSH HOUR"
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pool 26 boaters, or something like that on Facebook is pretty active. We go to the river quite a bit, be happy to go out one day and show you around the river. there's two main sandbars everyone goes to that are a good time. It looks like this spring is going to be bad for boating though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! Ill check out pool 26 boaters to see whats going on. I'm currently doing research on boats, cost of owning (I know it hurts lol) and fun areas to boat near me. We currently live in O' Fallon, MO so the rivers are easiest but we travel to LOTO a lot for family gathers and lake weekends. I've heard this spring will not be that great but planning to purchase a bigger boat beginning or 2020!

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in Foristell, and work in ofallon so your not too far. feel free to give me a shout if you need anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate that! Ill keep you in mind for sure. Do these sandbars have markers or names? Also any good bars or restaurants along the Mississippi?

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    No markers, but they're pretty hard to miss. Two Branch, Enterprise, and 521 are the main ones. There's plenty of places to stop, Kinders, Boathouse, Yacht Club, You can park at the grafton marina and walk through town to a bunch of places, Longshots, Alton marina is a short walk to fast eddies, or other bars. They also have their own restaurant there.

My Ride
    31 IMP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado915 View Post
    I appreciate that! Ill keep you in mind for sure. Do these sandbars have markers or names? Also any good bars or restaurants along the Mississippi?
    Go out the first time with someone who knows the river. We boated out there for decades and watched tons of people destroy their boats. The river is not a lake and has tons of hidden obstacles that will terminate your boat. With that being said once you figure it out it is some the most awesome boating around with absolutely great people. You will see the popular sand bars. Pull on up and most everyone out there is extremely friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk