Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nah man, you haven't even lived unless you put your five year old on a closed now and run the main channel. Talk about a rush!
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like one more cove is going No Wake. I had a neighbor approach me with a petition to sign to make our cove No Wake. Not sure how I feel about it. On one hand the plowing idiots need to go but I do not think I want to idle over 1000 feet every time I leave or come home.

What is anyone's experience once a cove goes NO Wake? Does it become a coving out cove? Any other unintended consequences?

Post Thanks / Like
    What mm and cove?

My Ride
    25 TT Neptoon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OP50MM View Post
    Looks like one more cove is going No Wake. I had a neighbor approach me with a petition to sign to make our cove No Wake. Not sure how I feel about it. On one hand the plowing idiots need to go but I do not think I want to idle over 1000 feet every time I leave or come home.

What is anyone's experience once a cove goes NO Wake? Does it become a coving out cove? Any other unintended consequences?
    Back in the early 60's our cove was no wake. Since most docks were small, it was a perfect ski cove. If one like going in circles. When the MDC put in a boat ramp it became a No Wake cove. As we are towards the back, it doesn't really affect me much, but, no doubt those closer to the main channel it does. Well to a point. They still get all the main channel wakes, but not much from those leaving the cove. Granted it does take longer to leave and return to the dock as we are over 1,400 feet from the main channel, but it's no big deal.

We do get some folks coving out. Not many, but some. No matter where they anchor, they will get wakes coming in from the main channel.

The main benefit is that it does keep the jet skiers from buzzing around.
    What happens at the lake, stays at the lake. Unless I have a camera handy.

My Ride
    Cafe Racer & 2 Champions
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Baja 252 View Post
    What mm and cove?
    Lord let it be Crabtree Cove.....
    Why is "abbreviation" such a long word?

My Ride
    24 ft Four Winns
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadStinger View Post
    Lord let it be Crabtree Cove.....
    I assume you are out past Papa's? home to the jet skis and tubers? I am at the end.....nary a wave

My Ride
    25 TT Neptoon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE GHOST View Post
    I assume you are out past Papa's? home to the jet skis and tubers? I am at the end.....nary a wave
    Ya can't have a wave unless ya gots water.
    What happens at the lake, stays at the lake. Unless I have a camera handy.

My Ride
    Cafe Racer & 2 Champions
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE GHOST View Post
    I'm midway back, in a small finger off the main cove, but have had 4 footers from "surfing" splash right over the decking on the dock, actually causing my 4yr old to fall off the dock. She was fine, but boy would I love to give some of those people a piece of my mind. I watched my neighbors boat fall off his hoist (it broke) due to those same waves. Makes me want to get the Cig out and just plow in circles behind their docks, but it doesn't solve anything. You just can't fix stupid. Between that and the crazy obsession over turtles that this guy on a seadoo with his kids have.......not sure which is more annoying. Buzzes 25' off my dock at full throttle, shuts it down to show his kids turtles in the back of the cove, like clockwork, every weekend. Kudos to him for doing things for the kids - but geez man, slow it down that close to a dock - I got little ones too! I've asked him to slow it down, hey - it's no wake, please have a little respect, then finally yelled at the guy. Either he's deaf or just doesn't care. I'm going with doesn't care. Perfect role model for his kids.
    Why is "abbreviation" such a long word?

My Ride
    24 ft Four Winns
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMDye View Post
    Ya can't have a wave unless ya gots water.
    Hey I even have water in the yard this year!