Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 36Tango View Post
    I would be a supporter of virtually all coves becoming no wake coves, with an exclusion for bass boats and waverunners. With all of the inconsiderate captains out there, there is just too much damage being done by them.

Maybe make it a 5 minute rule whereas if it takes 5 minutes or less at no wake to get to the back of the cove, it is automatically no wake. If no wake was 5mph, that would make any cove over 2200 feet long no wake (approximate distance between the main channel and Backwater Jacks). It would not kill anybody to pull back and enjoy the last few minutes on the water.
    I completely agree with our idea but it will not happen as long as the lobby working for the Lake of the Ozarks Marine Dealers Association controls no wake legislation.

My Ride
    Landau 2700
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not protected by any of the current no wake and neither are the other parties I have talked to who did not get invited to the meeting. The one person who I know did attend voted against the no wake.

Has the person who filed the petition placed the no wake bouys yet?

My Ride
    Wellcraft 32 Express Cruiser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctdarnell View Post
    I am not protected by any of the current no wake and neither are the other parties I have talked to who did not get invited to the meeting. The one person who I know did attend voted against the no wake.

From my understanding the buoys will be placed Thursday.

The meeting wasn't an "invite". It was posted in the local paper (public notice) by law a couple of weeks prior to the meeting.

The permit number given by the Water Patrol is 19-041.

My Ride
    Landau 2700
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I have found to make the cove entirely no wake requires 75% vote by property owners in the cove. Not strictly water patrol approval.

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I have found to make the cove entirely no wake requires 75% vote by property owners in the cove. Not strictly water patrol approval.
    So you're suggesting the Missouri State Water Patrol, at a public meeting in which anyone could have attended, didn't have the authority to make the whole cove no wake? You should call Captain Walz for clarification. He was a big proponent.

My Ride
    Landau 2700
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't find a public notice posted to the mo public notice site that lists this cove? I see many others. Not this one?

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Water Patrol posted all of their hearing dates prior to the beginning of the year. It's readily available on the State Patrol Website. This is a done deal. Hopefully everyone will survive! You may know one person that was a "no" on the petition but that person stayed silent at the meeting. There was overwhelming vocal support. The property owners didn't get to decide. They submitted their application and went to the hearing but the Water Patrol Board made the decision.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 36Tango View Post
    I would be a supporter of virtually all coves becoming no wake coves, with an exclusion for bass boats and waverunners. With all of the inconsiderate captains out there, there is just too much damage being done by them.

Maybe make it a 5 minute rule whereas if it takes 5 minutes or less at no wake to get to the back of the cove, it is automatically no wake. If no wake was 5mph, that would make any cove over 2200 feet long no wake (approximate distance between the main channel and Backwater Jacks). It would not kill anybody to pull back and enjoy the last few minutes on the water.
    With a sizable percent of LOTO boaters not respecting or not knowing what a No Wake buoy is, who is going to have the patience to teaching them a 5 Minute Rule?

Never understood the hurry while boating, are they late for work?

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't find a public notice posted to the mo public notice site that lists this cove? I see many others. Not this one?
    Link to that site please.

Post Thanks / Like

No wake

Ctdarnell a corner of your property is already in the existing no wake area. I’m assuming that’s why you didn’t have a vote. Just looked it up on the county website.

My Ride
    Tritoon
    Post Thanks / Like

Www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSHPWeb/WaterPatrolDivision

Here is the information you requested.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Ride
    38 EC Fountain/252 Formula
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m sure everyone’s situation is different. But we had this happen in our cove a guy sent out the forms to make our cove no wake. The majority including myself voted against it and it didn’t happen. We don’t get rough water and we’re afraid it would negatively affect our property values.

Post Thanks / Like
    I suspect it wont be long before most coves are no wake. Half of our cove is no wake and those below the no wake plow out and then plow in however, if anyone even raises a ripple of wake in their area they are yelling and yelling. Add to that the 30 foot bow riders pulling tubes as they navigate around those coving out. I personally have had it and would willing sign any petition to make our cove no wake.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a fear of mine, half of our cove gets made a no wake area and I get all the waves from people slowing down and taking off.

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by us2onthewater View Post
    With a sizable percent of LOTO boaters not respecting or not knowing what a No Wake buoy is, who is going to have the patience to teaching them a 5 Minute Rule?

Never understood the hurry while boating, are they late for work?
    A simple floating sign at the mouth of the cove and then enforce it. I cannot imagine how anybody could really argue it. Like I say, the threshold would basically be the size of BWJ’s cove and smaller.