Post Thanks / Like

Plowing cruiser actually did some good

A friend of mine who now lives at the lake and his wife went out a few days ago in their tritoon. Let me preface this to say he's been at the lake for decades and a full timer the last few years. Prior to leaving he realized he didn't have his phone, his wife said "you won't need it". They were having a nice tour of the lake. They were around the Lodge of the Four Seasons when it happened. The water was high and he said about 50 yards from the community dock they hit a rock ledge under the water and got wedged in it. He said the high water and his lack of knowledge of that particular area led to the disaster. He said he couldn't go forward or backward and attempts at that made it worse. All this time of course he's also concerned with the toons and prop. He said one person did come by but couldn't help but he'd call a tow service for him. He also of course didn't have his wallet, it was with his phone. He said about an hour passed and a big Cruiser came by and "gifted me with a big wave and popped me loose." They headed home all the while wondering what damage was done. He had a hard time docking in the tight community dock situation at his condo's and the wind made it even worse. Which to be honest usually isn't a problem for him. His wife was trying to help him get it in the narrow slip and unfortunately she ended up in the lake. The ladder on their toon is to hard for her to get up, and no ladder on the dock. He found a boat down the dock that he thought she could climb up the ladder on. Lowered the boat and ladder and she was able to get out of the lake. He said "I hope there are no camera's". Fortunately no one was hurt and he's going to have the toon checked out. Just thought I'd share with you. Now for the lesson here. He introduced us decades ago to the lake. We'd have our guys weekend and he ALWAYS told us not to go out with out our wallets and once cellphones were common also said to have your phone with you too "you never know what could happen". I did point that out to him in our group text but he ignored my ribbing. Have a good one everyone.

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    The water level at LOTO is the same as always at 659-660'

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am worn out just reading it! I am glad to hear that everybody was OK. Hopefully the boat is relatively unscathed.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is also a submerged concrete wall outside of 4 seasons that's not marked very well.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hah, good read. Glad everyone is ok and hopefully the toon is too. Just another adventure on the lake.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

Post Thanks / Like
    What is lotto? Is that a lottery? Inquiring minds want to know...

Post Thanks / Like
    Lake Of The Ozarks