Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Ride
    2012 Manitou SES SHP
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a bouy marking the stump. Two different ones! We are just south of 54 bridge, no issues getting back to HHT cove. Just do not cut corner into cove, shallow on east side of cove entrance.

My 5 and 3.5 year old have climbed steps many of times, and enjoy it. A lot, but fun. Views are worth it. The natural bridge and island trails are fun for them too. The natural spring water colors are awesome, but guessing not now. Rain ruins that.

My Ride
    2016 Manitou Legacy LT SRS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would also warn to make sure you are left of Center of the river as you take the last bend (the cliff/wall was mentioned previous), there is a huge sandbar that is funky shaped and misleading that sticks out about halfway and then turns toward the bridge.

I learnt' about it last year when I was pulling my kid skiing, thinking I was ok until I saw the depth go from 9' to 3' in a matter of seconds.

Luckily, he didn't fall.

The big stump is marked, but there's new stuff, so keep head on a swivel.

I don't go past HHT cove as a rule. 4-5' of depth, and I've seen what's under the surface at full pool when the water is down in the winter. It's literally Russian Roulette with your outdrive...

My Ride
    226 Cobalt
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once you dock on the right side the walk to the spring is flat and easy. It's not that far for the kids. We've seen beavers and raccoons playing in the water at the spring. I'd think twice about attempting the steps with two toddlers.

My Ride
    31 foot Baby Blue boat
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can also take the kids to the island if you park on the right side. The hike up is not too bad, but the steps are odd cadence filed with rocks if you know what I mean. We have found a path to the spring water that is before it enters the lake. Some of the most beautiful scenery at the lake.

I busted an old prop on my dad's boat about 20 years ago when we left and hit a log under water. We limped to the bridge and stored the boat their overnight until I could get the prop fixed. The boat ride home after I got the prop fixed was one of my favorite rides ever at the lake. It was just perfect weather and little traffic. I am at the 8 mile marker so it is a long ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    . We've seen beavers .
    I like seeing beavers!!!!!!!!

My Ride
    Waverunner / Work loaners
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdonnellyjr View Post
    I like seeing beavers!!!!!!!!
    ......................Who don't? Big Brown ones https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYDfwUJzYQg

My Ride
    340 Mach 1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Donw View Post
    ......................Who don't? Big Brown ones https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYDfwUJzYQg
    Oh yes!! What a classic!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk