Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Tritoon Boat for my budget

Considering buying a tritoon. Budget would be around 50-55k. What would you suggest for the lake? Is it possible to buy a new boat in that price range that can handle the rough water? We are weekenders and do most of our boating on the Gravois arm but like to venture out on the main channel to get over to some of the restaurants. Thinking new for the warranty. Dealer suggestions are welcome.

We talked to the Bennington dealer this weekend. Nice boats but may be out of our price range especially if we want something bigger than a 150hp. Tried to talk to sales person at Big Thunder on Sunday. Only one sales person on the floor and got tired of waiting.

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Call back to Big Thunder and ask for Captain Steve. He knows a ton about all types of pontoons. When we were test driving a week ago he told us of a trade in that was coming in the next week or so that would be in that price range (tell him that Jeff sent you). We decided to keep the 370SS, but there is allot to like about the tritoons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 36Tango View Post
    Call back to Big Thunder and ask for Captain Steve. He knows a ton about all types of pontoons. When we were test driving a week ago he told us of a trade in that was coming in the next week or so that would be in that price range (tell him that Jeff sent you). We decided to keep the 370SS, but there is allot to like about the tritoons.
    Hey - thanks for the tip!

My Ride
    2012 Manitou SES SHP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have a 2012 Manitou SES SHP with a 250SS Suzuki outboard, 303hrs, regular maintenance. We may be selling soon under your budget amount at market value, low 40’s. Solid boat we purchased new, no issues going anywhere on the lake we wanted to, with the obvious be smart on holiday cruiser traffic. different needs now so we may be getting a cruiser. Make an offer if interested. Has a marine concepts cover we could sell too. Always get compliments on the layout, check them out.

My Ride
    2016 Manitou Legacy LT SRS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would highly recommend looking into the deal maverick mentioned....or, look at Manitou 250 or 270. You could probably do an Aurora or Oasis with decent power and be in that range. Most likely Aurora. Would DEFINITELY recommend the SHP hull. Adds a lot of performance. I've driven 23 and 25' Manitou with VP hull and 150hp all over the lake, and they are adequate, but you'll be happier with the SHP and bigger power.

Maverick, you sell that cover, I want a phone call.

However, I'm taking a strong look at the Touchless cover.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ariesaccountant View Post
    Considering buying a tritoon. Budget would be around 50-55k. What would you suggest for the lake? Is it possible to buy a new boat in that price range that can handle the rough water? We are weekenders and do most of our boating on the Gravois arm but like to venture out on the main channel to get over to some of the restaurants. Thinking new for the warranty. Dealer suggestions are welcome.

We talked to the Bennington dealer this weekend. Nice boats but may be out of our price range especially if we want something bigger than a 150hp. Tried to talk to sales person at Big Thunder on Sunday. Only one sales person on the floor and got tired of waiting.
    I have to agree with others, go back to Big Thunder and give them a shot. Call Trista in sales 573.964.3497 she can help.

Fair warning, I'm partial as I bought a new Manitou Aurora LE SHP 250 - this spring. 250HP Suzuki.. I think deck length is 26'4" . They can get you on that model for that price, it has many options for upgrades.. It has to be one of the best handling Tritoons out there. It does really well on rough water Tim the sales Mgr will tell you all about how Manitou crushed the competition in a barrel race.
    Good luck, see you out there..

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

My Ride
    Triton SF-21
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ariesaccountant View Post

We bought a new Bently 243 SE this year with a 200 Yamaha. Love the boat! Theres not a lot of frills, LED lighting and such, great stock stereo, lots of storage etc... Its a nice looking boat, plenty of room and handels LOTO great. Dont regret the purchase one bit. Low 40's with a trailer...

My Ride
    Playcraft Powertoon 2600
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go with a Playcraft if you don't want an old mans toon. They are wave crushers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for your replies. Maverick- your boat sounds nice but we are looking for new or a used boat that is only 2-3 years old.

Any opinions on this 2017 Bennington at Iguana’s? Price is $54900 on their website but he had it for $49900 on Craigslist.

https://iguanaboatsales.com/listings...n-25-gcw-2017/

My Ride
    34 Superboat
    Post Thanks / Like
    What ever you look at take a long time and look it over closely. I looked for months early this year for used and was amazed at the damage and or poor workmanship with many of them. Look under the deck for the attachment points to/thru the plywood and more than one under skin was pulled loose

That one you posted looks pretty good and Bennington is a top tier manufacturer ......I ended up getting a little Manitou Legasy that does the job I needed

My Ride
    2017 Manitou XPlode 300etecX2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just going to echo the Manitou from Big Thunder answers. You won't be disappointed. SHP hull for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I don't care for the Benningtons. The rear facing loungers look cool, but they're unpractical. They're uncomfortable to sit on while underway. I think the helm is to far forward on them and makes them run too flat as your carrying too much weight upfront. When it get's rought, it's hard to carry the bow high enough on the Benningtons.

My Ride
    2016 Manitou Legacy LT SRS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmekan View Post
    I have to agree with others, go back to Big Thunder and give them a shot. Call Trista in sales 573.964.3497 she can help.

Fair warning, I'm partial as I bought a new Manitou Aurora LE SHP 250 - this spring. 250HP Suzuki.. I think deck length is 26'4" . They can get you on that model for that price, it has many options for upgrades.. It has to be one of the best handling Tritoons out there. It does really well on rough water Tim the sales Mgr will tell you all about how Manitou crushed the competition in a barrel race.
    Good luck, see you out there..

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Sweet ride!!!!

My Ride
    American Curls
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am also a fan for Playcraft, I love the steps in the log, we have a 26 powertoon extreme with a 300 and love it. Rides real comfortable, we are going to upgrade probably next year to a little larger, but would recommend them to anyone.
    Whats next?

Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to talk the wife into a nicely powered Playcraft. She has that "pontoon stereo type" thing from living on the Iowa rivers. I guess I need to get her out on one.