Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Over the years I've noticed some kids seem to love lake life above all else and some just seem to out grow it. I admit, I don't really get why.

I grew up going to the lake in the 60's and 70's on weekends and vacations. At 16, I stayed at the lake every summer and worked. All my life I have been at the lake any free day I had.

Now I have 3 grown kids, 2 outgrew the lake and don't go down very often. But one, my now 24 yr old youngest son grew up going to the lake on weekends and vacations. He backed off a little when he played baseball and football, but when those days ran out he returned to the lake activities in full force. At about 20 yrs old he switched to taking college courses on line so he could stay at the lake full time. He now has a couple of on-line and social media business that he can run from anywhere, so he now pretty much lives at the lake full time. It's a rare thing that a day goes by he's not out on the water, winter or summer.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    My 15 year old son stopped wanting to come a few years ago. I can't imagine feeling that way, obviously, but I can kind of see why he does for the reasons others mentioned. This year he started taking an interest in girls in bikinis though so we'll see what happens next year.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

Post Thanks / Like
    I grew up coming to the lake in the 80’s and I recall going through this myself around 16. At that age the last thing you want to do is hang out with Mom, Dad, and siblings...it’s all about hormones and freedom. Now, years later, having our own lake place with 2 of my 3 kids grown I’ve seen them go through the same thing. They’ll likely regain interest when they start having jobs and look for a place to ‘get away’ like we all do.

Post Thanks / Like
    After reading all of these it sounds like I'm in trouble. My 5 year old is already saying the "lake is boring" even though she doesnt have a choice but still has a blast every weekend. Hopefully its just a phase.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

My Ride
    43 donzi zr
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wheels /there own life ,chicks,weed, booze all easy to find at home and no parents do the math
    sorry just being real

My Ride
    31 foot Baby Blue boat
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same thing happened to us. Kids did not want to go down all of the time when they were teens. Started up again when my kids started bringing friends down from MIZZOU. The first time they did the pub crawl they were hooked. It is just a phase that will change with time. It is really fun now with both of my kids (22 and 25) and bringing their friends down for the weekends. The house is full a lot of times

My son's 25th birthday is today and he always wants to be at the lake on his birthday cause he was born at Lake Ozark General.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are going through this now with our 16-year-old daughter. When she was younger, hanging out at the condo pool, Coving out on the Lillypad and tubing was fun. Now that she’s older, she gets on her phone and sees what she’s missing out on back at home. It makes me kind of sad that those days of the lake are coming to an end. I always justify the investment of the boat and Condo as great family time. And it has been. But I also kind of wonder now what our future lake life looks like with no kids around or just having the kids there a few times a year.

My Ride
    24 ft Four Winns
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish T View Post
    Same thing happened to us. Kids did not want to go down all of the time when they were teens. Started up again when my kids started bringing friends down from MIZZOU. The first time they did the pub crawl they were hooked. It is just a phase that will change with time. It is really fun now with both of my kids (22 and 25) and bringing their friends down for the weekends. The house is full a lot of times

My son's 25th birthday is today and he always wants to be at the lake on his birthday cause he was born at Lake Ozark General.

Its a whole different game partying with your kids.....mine are 23,25 & 28 now.......are they embarrassed by that baby blue boat?

My Ride
    24 ft Four Winns
    Post Thanks / Like
    this thread reminds me of Jim Dooley's Inland Marine radio commercial......"remember you only get 18 summers with your kids"

My Ride
    2018 Lip-Ship 39 GTS 3x400
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bblythe View Post
    Wheels /there own life ,chicks,weed, booze all easy to find at home and no parents do the math
    sorry just being real
    Teenagers don’t have separation anxiety...they look forward to it.
    Tommy Gun