Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Ride
    Apache Brave
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaholic View Post
    Looking at the numbers, considering it is only August, the local dealers are having a robust year!
    look at the numbers for several years. Unless people are getting great deals I am sure sales slow down until boat show season.

Post Thanks / Like
    I may be reading it wrong, but looks like the numbers are only through June or July of 2019? The state receives the reports after the month(s) and then would have to enter them into the system. Seems to my reading of the report most are ahead, not behind?
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

Post Thanks / Like
    And I would think the 2019 numbers won't change hardly at all being we're at the end of the season now.

My Ride
    340 Sea Ray
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am curious to check this in a couple months. Looks like a lot of places are way down, but may be because most sales happen in the summer months. If a dealer sells a brokered boat, does it count as a used sale for them? Have not used my boat much this year and really considering putting it up for sale after Labor Day.

My Ride
    1995 Chris Craft 33 Crowne
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well according to the media the slump in RV Sales is a solid sign of the coming recession : https://www.businessinsider.com/rv-s...helping-2019-8

I've also noticed more condos and boats staying up for sale longer at the lake. I do not have a doom and gloom outlook on the economy, but I sort of welcome the slow down because I'm ready to be a buyer of something fun soon!

My Ride
    Apache Brave
    Post Thanks / Like
    I may be reading it wrong, but looks like the numbers are only through June or July of 2019? The state receives the reports after the month(s) and then would have to enter them into the system. Seems to my reading of the report most are ahead, not behind?
    Now you are starting to sound like trump.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KCHOTBOAT View Post
    Now you are starting to sound like trump.
    I am a realist, not a Liberal whiner... The economy is up SUBSTANTIALLY since Trump was elected, unemployment is at record lows, the Stock Market is at record levels (yes there are corrections, but it is WAY up since the election) incomes have increased, people are spending money!. Those are the facts.

Am I not the only one that feels it is a never ending barrage of shit being thrown against Trump? The liberals just cant accept anything good, and have tried EVERYTHING under the sun to derail? After a while, you would think they would realize, good is good and can get better, not just try to destruct everything to better their agenda, oh wait..... What agenda to move us forward?????

If you want positive actions, positive attitude is the beginning. And, look at the big picture, not just the little things and you can see there really is a forest, not just a line of trees you must see through...
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a realist, not a Liberal whiner... The economy is up SUBSTANTIALLY since Trump was elected, unemployment is at record lows, the Stock Market is at record levels (yes there are corrections, but it is WAY up since the election) incomes have increased, people are spending money!. Those are the facts.

Am I not the only one that feels it is a never ending barrage of shit being thrown against Trump? The liberals just cant accept anything good, and have tried EVERYTHING under the sun to derail? After a while, you would think they would realize, good is good and can get better, not just try to destruct everything to better their agenda, oh wait..... What agenda to move us forward?????

If you want positive actions, positive attitude is the beginning. And, look at the big picture, not just the little things and you can see there really is a forest, not just a line of trees you must see through...
    I would agree but what I can’t understand is why the left doesn’t try to build on the success of the current administration in their reelection campaigns. I mean I get it that they won’t have the same agendas exactly, but as you said, the economy is doing well. Why would they not latch on to some ideas to make it continue to grow. Most everything the left is pushing economically is going to most likely make the economy tank. At least for a period of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am as conservative as they come, but ag is a fair amount of the economy of Missouri and the Midwest and farmers are not in great shape being on the front line of the tariff war with China. It would be nice if China would blink and the price of grain could go back up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcangus View Post
    I am as conservative as they come, but ag is a fair amount of the economy of Missouri and the Midwest and farmers are not in great shape being on the front line of the tariff war with China. It would be nice if China would blink and the price of grain could go back up.
    I don't disagree, however Subsidies have been a way for life for many years in farming. (Being paid not to plant certain crops), this is really no different. They are just getting paid for holding out rather than not planting. The Tariff money they are currently collecting from China is ear-marked for the Agricultural industry. They should be just fine....

Another angle is take the same land and raise different crops that are not dependent on export to China, So we can say f^%$ you to China and NOT care if they get our exports, Lets see how long they (China) can make it without those crops. If we are exporting them there it is because they cant get it in their own land. A little squeezing from both ends may help?
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    Nordic Flame 35
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone get any boat deals from iguana?

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt 293 View Post
    Anyone get any boat deals from iguana?
    I tried, but no luck. That said, I was attempting to steal a few used aluminum fishing boats to resell.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't disagree, however Subsidies have been a way for life for many years in farming. (Being paid not to plant certain crops), this is really no different. They are just getting paid for holding out rather than not planting. The Tariff money they are currently collecting from China is ear-marked for the Agricultural industry. They should be just fine....

Another angle is take the same land and raise different crops that are not dependent on export to China, So we can say f^%$ you to China and NOT care if they get our exports, Lets see how long they (China) can make it without those crops. If we are exporting them there it is because they cant get it in their own land. A little squeezing from both ends may help?
    Subsidies have been a way for life for many years in farming. Since 1933 to be exact. You have enjoyed the safest and lowest food cost in the WORLD thanks to the farmers and a scant safety net from the government subsidies. You want to collect a big subsidy check, jump in and but yourself a farm. Very easy to criticize on a full stomach.

I would be happy to talk ag and how your food is produced anytime with you over a cold beer.

My Ride
    290 Mach 1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dealers should be doing well depending on types of boats they represent. In the last two years the number of Center Console twins, trips and quads or more have exploded here at the lake. They're everywhere you look. Someone is selling them.

My Ride
    cobalt 360
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard it only has to do with dissolving some LLC’s after the death of the owner.
    Live, Love, & Laugh