My Ride
    Nordic Flame 35
    Post Thanks / Like

Iguana boat sales

Is iguana still in business?

My Ride
    1992 24' baja outlaw whippled
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, boat sales and rentals are still going, the rip rap/dock business shut down
    Midwest Boat Party - Business Operations

Post Thanks / Like
    What he said.
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, what I commented on yesterday has now changed... It was announced to the people who work there this am, the end is near... And most of the employees were let go this am.

From what I have seen on other businesses that were shut (ing) down, filed legal papers or went under receivership (I am not saying this is happening here, but...) If I had something I owned at one of their facilities I would get it removed today! If there was a filing, the trustee could seize all property until the legals are done!
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaholic View Post
    Ok, what I commented on yesterday has now changed... It was announced to the people who work there this am, the end is near... And most of the employees were let go this am.

From what I have seen on other businesses that were shut (ing) down, filed legal papers or went under receivership (I am not saying this is happening here, but...) If I had something I owned at one of their facilities I would get it removed today! If there was a filing, the trustee could seize all property until the legals are done!

I had always thought that the ownership was flush (Springfield Armory). Besides maybe being crushed by PBC and BT, what happened?

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaholic View Post

I had always thought that the ownership was flush (Springfield Armory money). Besides maybe being crushed by PBC and BT, what happened?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ownership may have $$$$ but he is a business man and may not be involved in day to day operation... So business decisions are what they are. There was also family issues including a member expiring...

That being said, MY GUESS (wink wink) is the general manager is caught up in a 40 year career mind set, and refused to acknowledge today's changes in operation, marketing and management. I will concede in my opinion, he did hire people to help fix problems, but the problem was he then refused to let them do their job to fix it. He controlled every facet of the day to day operation and when something bad happened, refused to come clean and make statements to help the business move forward and let the rumor mill run rapid...

But this is just my guess, there may be other things, but in my opinion this is a good start... That is if I knew anything about what went on there???
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    420 SeaRay
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bingo, we have a winner!! Bajaholic
    Last edited by 36outlawtodd; 08-16-2019 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Mistake

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe an opportunity for somebody that knows what they are doing.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 36Tango View Post
    Maybe an opportunity for somebody that knows what they are doing.........
    Will certainly be interesting to see how all the entities are broken up and what becomes available on it's own. There is more than boats, there is realestate holdings, equipment, rental units, etc...
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    38 EC Fountain/252 Formula
    Post Thanks / Like
    The kid didn’t want anything to do with it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Reading on here over the years I thought they were about to rule the world or at least the lake.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by infield View Post
    Reading on here over the years I thought they were about to rule the world or at least the lake.
    That's what I thought.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    That's what I thought.
    Me too!

Post Thanks / Like
    One family members vision, may not be the same as others, and when putting money into keep it going; for others, may not be their end goal. It then becomes a business decision and must run on its own. when it can't, changes happen.

Not all business decisions are based on history and vision, it is on changes and direction for a future.
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO