Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Ride
    420 SeaRay
    Post Thanks / Like
    The worst run organization I have ever seen. And I saw it from the inside briefly.

My Ride
    Nordic Flame 35
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO I think there are more boats than buyers and the floor product/financing on hand is too much which may lead to a 2008 replay for the industry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt 293 View Post
    IMO I think there are more boats than buyers and the floor product/financing on hand is too much which may lead to a 2008 replay for the industry.
    I respectfully disagree at this point. I work with a number of dealers and they are selling. Yes it is the end of the season so things will begin to slow, but people have money and are spending it.

Here is how I see the economy and current state of affairs: The Liberals and mass media have played Sex narrative, Russian Collusion, Bigotry, etc..... EVERYDAY since Trump was elected and now as an election is coming up, the best thing Trump has going for him is the economy and job growth. How do you stymie that, start a false narrative the sky is falling. Scare everyone etc.... So if we all ignore the BS rhetoric and look at what is actually going on, Growth and prosperity will continue and continue to move forward!

Iguana, is a different scenario. Read what has been posted and read between the lines. There is WAY more to that story than just selling boats!
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    Nordic Flame 35
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do ignore the doom and gloom rhetoric. I do not want a recession, who would!?? I am talking about the boating industry as a whole and looking at percentages to last year and overall prices of the products. I am not saying it is happening now or going to happen. I am saying things or trending in that direction. So now I am going to do my part to help the economy and go burn some fossil fuel and partake in lake activities!

My Ride
    Waverunner / Work loaners
    Post Thanks / Like
    As aluminum goes,Tracker in Lebanon is going to 3- 10 hour days a week after laying off a 100 plus in the last couple of weeks. Of course they were doing numbers that could not last forever.At 60+ percent of that market they were doing 130 give or take semi LOADS a day for a few years now... Lowe boats is not hiring after two weeks of lay-off spread over a couple of months,but hanging in there. G-3 has slowed down also. See how it goes I guess.

My Ride
    2016 Manitou Legacy LT SRS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last I knew, the folks that supply metal to Tracker couldn't keep up. I was baffled at the number of boats that place was putting out PER DAY when I heard the numbers...

And, last I knew, the metal supplier was having to look for more warehouse space.

My Ride
    2018 Lip-Ship 39 GTS 3x400
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same old story - how do you end up with a Million Dollars at the lake? Start with 2 or more...
    Tommy Gun

My Ride
    Apache Brave
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Omerta One View Post
    Same old story - how do you end up with a Million Dollars at the lake? Start with 2 or more...
    Very true. I saw something the other day the worst two things to buy new are RVs number 2 and boats number 1. New boat sales like in the past depended on interest rates and fuel prices. Morgan sold a ton of low end boat with zero down or arm loans. Who is spending 75 grand on a new bass boat or wake board boat?

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Donw View Post
    As aluminum goes,Tracker in Lebanon is going to 3- 10 hour days a week after laying off a 100 plus in the last couple of weeks. Of course they were doing numbers that could not last forever.At 60+ percent of that market they were doing 130 give or take semi LOADS a day for a few years now... Lowe boats is not hiring after two weeks of lay-off spread over a couple of months,but hanging in there. G-3 has slowed down also. See how it goes I guess.
    Tracker was sending out 130 semi loads of boats per day? Just making sure I understand what you said.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    Waverunner / Work loaners
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah,loads..I used to have the same response."What's that? Did you say boats or loads? lol. I'm pretty sure they were clipping 60-80 pontoons/tritoons a day just out of the Lebanon plant,not counting the Bolivar plant,but all the boat plants were focused on that market for some time as they were in demand.I believe Tracker at Lebanon was pushing around a thousand people at one time.Lowes has 250+ at most.G3 probably about the same.Tracker is really smart at giving just enough options to make the market happy and still be able to "cookie cutter" them down the lines more than some..others are.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boat loads. Got it. That's nuts. Thanks for sharing.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made an offer last Thursday to buy 3 boats from Iguana. The sales guy has touched base with me once in awhile, but cannot get it in front of a manager.

My Ride
    Resin Bucket
    Post Thanks / Like
    The DOR dealer reports give a pretty good look at number of units being sold.
    https://dor.mo.gov/publicreports/dea...ine_report.txt
    "Data is a leaders best friend, but a poser's worst enemy." Orrin Woodward

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baywatch View Post
    Looking at the numbers, considering it is only August, the local dealers are having a robust year!
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    Apache Brave
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baywatch View Post
    Interesting thanks for posting that. I am surpised how even the high dollar boats went down in sales.