My Ride
    1989 Chapparal 2350 SX
    Post Thanks / Like

Aqua Finn Condos

We have been researching condos and stumbled upon six condos for sale in Aqua Finn. I like the idea of being within walking distance to Shady and Toad Cove. Seems like they would rent easy.

Is something happening causing the owners to bail or is it coincidence?

Opinions on The place welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its got an $800.00 shifter?

Post Thanks / Like
    A friend of ours was looking there a couple of weeks ago, and they were nice units. However They were told. The Association has new rules: NO SHORT TERM RENTALS, only monthly or yearly. And parking was also an issue.

We went back that Friday and Saturday night just to see what kind of atmosphere there was with both the Toad and Gators. And came to the conclusion, if you were wanting to rent them on a nightly basis they would be perfect (however that is not an option) but for personal use, WAY too much commotion!

They ended up buying a unit at Indian Point
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    1989 Chapparal 2350 SX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the response. I can see no short term rentals as a reason for owners to sell off. Well Aqua Finn is off the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its got an $800.00 shifter?

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Several times a summer we pick a crew up at Shady Gators at closing time. It is a freaking mess in that whole area. People passed out, puking, fighting (we ended up with a fight on the hood of our car this year)and pissing all over. The crowd may not venture down into the parking area, but it is bound to have impact. Also, before buying, drive HH and then Bittersweet 10 times or so.

That all said, I have been in some units and they are pretty nice.

My Ride
    Challenger SV24 "RUSH HOUR"
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard that nightly rentals are allowed but only if your grandfathered in. New buyers can only do long term rentals. I was told this was to keep Horny Toad/Shady Gators from buying units and renting them out nightly.
    I could be wrong though

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pogrelis97 View Post
    I heard that nightly rentals are allowed but only if your grandfathered in. New buyers can only do long term rentals. I was told this was to keep Horny Toad/Shady Gators from buying units and renting them out nightly.
    I could be wrong though
    This is correct, Change in ownership does eliminate the grandfather clause. Thus any new owner, person looking to purchase, is not allowed short term rentals. That is why our friends who wanted the option for short term rentals, looked elsewhere.

Just an observation, many people when looking for their first condo, always want the option, but I have also seen that is short lived because they learn very quickly, the people renting them use them as renters.

I once read the average ownership of any "2nd home" property is 8 years. So you will get a turn over regardless of what/where it is...
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaholic View Post
    Just an observation, many people when looking for their first condo, always want the option, but I have also seen that is short lived because they learn very quickly, the people renting them use them as renters.
    This was pretty much the case with us. The whole time we were shopping it was in our criteria. But at some point before we made it to the closing table the wife and I looked at each other and said, "mm, yeah we're not letting anyone else sleep in our bed." That was the end of that topic. We also wouldn't want the hassle of locking stuff up because part of what we enjoy is having stuff just how we left it when we return. Often times we're on the boat 30 minutes after we get there so we're on the channel for sunset Friday evening. It takes just over an hour on Sunday to do dishes, swifter the floors, and clean and cover the boat and ski... I wouldn't want to add to that.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations