Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those compression numbers are not horrible. Most likely has some valves that are not seating completely causing the lower numbers. Might just have some build up on the valves or seats from not being ran for a while. A leak down test will show where its losing compression. I would have them do leak downs on all cylinders. I would bet you are going to see 10-30% leak down results.

My Ride
    1995 Chris Craft 33 Crowne
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Those compression numbers are not horrible. Most likely has some valves that are not seating completely causing the lower numbers. Might just have some build up on the valves or seats from not being ran for a while. A leak down test will show where its losing compression. I would have them do leak downs on all cylinders. I would bet you are going to see 10-30% leak down results.
    I am working on getting them to do a full leak-down test. The mechanic I spoke to said these Horizon motors are a little loose anyway (I'd be better off with the 496's). However - the boat ran great, I would have never guessed there was going to be anything weird with the compression numbers. I'm hopeful them running it this weekend will clean it out.

I have to be careful here because I want the boat but I can't get "happy ears" and just assume everything will be fine.

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    So they ran the boat this weekend and the leak down we as good and the compression numbers came up. Going to keep the process moving. Full in/out of water inspection Thursday.

Unfortunately I have to pretty well rely on the people I am paying to do all this. So used to getting my hands into everything before a major purchase. I know the broker isn't the biggest fan of my inspector so I am optimistic he is the right guy for the job!

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good deal! Shooting to have it for Harbor Hop then?
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    Good deal! Shooting to have it for Harbor Hop then?
    That's the plan! If the inspector signs off on it Thursday, she is going directly on stands to get the bottom done. Close on it Monday, delivery sometime the week before Harbor Hop.

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paperwork is signed, delivery is set for October 11! Nothing like a harbor hop to break her in!

All and all the inspections went great. The inspector ran her out again and both motors held at ~4250 RPM at WOT and he had no concerns. Also said getting the bottom done will give me another 5 or 6 MPH on the top end easily. She's out of the water getting the bottom done and a buff and wax now.

Also learned the fridge doesn't work (has power, doesn't cool), so negotiated for that, hopefully it's something small but I'm planning on having to replace the whole thing. That should be an event getting it out the hatch. Other than that everything was exactly as expected.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent. Congrats!
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    Sea Ray 380 DA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just replaced the refrigerator in my 2004 Sea Ray 380, replacement from West Marine was around $1,600 and taking doors out is a job! It took me and a friend about 5 hours. A marina will be about twice that I'm guessing? But I would get an estimate!

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by treated View Post
    Just replaced the refrigerator in my 2004 Sea Ray 380, replacement from West Marine was around $1,600 and taking doors out is a job! It took me and a friend about 5 hours. A marina will be about twice that I'm guessing? But I would get an estimate!
    Thanks for the input! I had read that the door had to come out and it was not fun. I negotiated for exactly $1600 assuming I would do the work on it. Is this the one you put in and were you able to use the existing panels so it would color match? https://www.westmarine.com/buy/norco...99?recordNum=1

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buffed and waxed, bottom paint should be done in the next few days.

My Ride
    Sea Ray 380 DA
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, the freezer and refrigerator are different size (review details of new refrigerator) and had to order new panels! Install panels before installing refrigerator!

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by treated View Post
    No, the freezer and refrigerator are different size (review details of new refrigerator) and had to order new panels! Install panels before installing refrigerator!
    Dang! They can't make it easy can they. Did you have to custom make some new trim pieces or anything?

I did find that you can order the entire cooling unit for the existing fridge for $900. If the fridge body is in good enough shape that might be a good alternative. Just have to see what I find when I get in there.

My Ride
    Sea Ray 380 DA
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, should be able to buy panels for the new refrigerator , just make sure you get right size!

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    Delayed delivery until Saturday thanks to the rain in the forecast. Didn't want to cover her in grime if the roads are still wet Friday morning. This is one slow moving week...

My Ride
    25 TT Neptoon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boat looked good going in at the SB ramp.
    What happens at the lake, stays at the lake. Unless I have a camera handy.