My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like

PBC Skater vs MTI

It would be interesting to hear some opinions on PBC's experience with both the MTI and Skater. Since they are an MTI dealer (once a Skater dealer), it is a no brainer, but on the racetrack does it preform as well? I think that they had a few mechanical demons this year that would have happened with either brand. It seemed to me (just my opinion) that they lost just a bit when moving to MTI.

Either way, they are an absolute class act and raise the bar with any event that they take part in.

Post Thanks / Like
    My opinion... Skater, World Championships... MTI, never a win? Seems like the Skater in the Class they were running was MUCH more dominant, has been in the past and continues to be today. However on a poker run boat, I would take the MTI in a heartbeat. Purely a cosmetic thing for me...
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been told that it's well known that MTIs are much harder to get set up, so there's that. As a Camaro fan, I like the humps. From a short distance, to me, a Skater looks more simple and race bred while an MTI seems more plush like a poker runner.

In Unlimited the MTIs seem heavy and well balanced. When watching CMS vs Geico (granted that was a Victory not a Skater), the lizard was always a lot more flighty looking while CMS looked like a Cadillac out for a Sunday cruise. Same for Gasse/Husky and Wake Effects.

In Superboat, attrition aside, I think it's pretty undeniable the Skaters are faster. Fastboats, Speedy, ProFloors.. none of them are out front leading the class against WHM or Stihl and now it seems like MCon.

Superstock, I guess the jury is maybe out right at the moment but Doug Wright looks tough to knock off the throne.

My opinion is probably worth the paper it's written on. I haven't had the time to pay much attention to the past two seasons.

The sport and boat builders are certainly fortunate to have PBC involved!
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    31 IMP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We were down in key west this past weekend with a big group of my buddies. Two of them that used to race boats. Both of them have world champions under their belts so I asked them what they thought.

There were two main points. First they are running a 48í boat in a class of all 40í boats so itís bigger and heavier. The second is that it is a cut down 48í so the tunnel is too small and not packing enough air.

Between performanceís mechanics, Myric, and the legend Johnny T at the throttles that boat is going as fast as it ever will. Those guys are all great. Rumor is that there is a new boat on the way for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Ride
    38 EC Fountain/252 Formula
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m surprised that question has already been asked. The boat is 43ft 10.5 wide but it’s a one off build. A lot is from the 48. The class has a 46 max length a max 66” tunnel width. A standard 48 is a foot wider than a standard 43. What’s impressive to me is how good the Pro Floors MTI runs. It’s a old boat. It was originally Relliable carriers before it was spirit of Qatar for a short time. I’m sure they were hoping the new design would be more efficient than the old ones. Maybe it was a gamble that didn’t pay off or because it’s a new hull basically it will take longer to dial in. Wish them all the best of luck.

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did I hear right that they are getting a new race boat?

My Ride
    38 EC Fountain/252 Formula
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I hear there isn’t one being built as of now. I’ll find out for sure. I’ll be spending a lot of time there starting next week.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    What are ya doing there, flatrate?
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any update on whether we will see a new raceboat next year?

On another note, Redhead Lakeside Grill has a dinner called a "Pork Bowl". The Mrs ordered one up a few months ago and I think that I have had it 3 or 4 times since as it is awesome. There are allot of places to eat around the lake, but how can you beat Lakeside Grill? The Chef they have makes even common stuff taste unbelievable.

My Ride
    What ever they let me drive
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flatrate View Post
    From what I hear there isnít one being built as of now. Iíll find out for sure. Iíll be spending a lot of time there starting next week.
    Heard the same, that boat was sold and going to be converted to pleasure. No big boat for next year.
    www.BigThunderMarine.com