Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really do not care if they are a sponsor or not, both BTM and PBC make this lake what it is. It seems like asking for any kind of sponsorship would be easier if this site would first show their support of both businesses. Hell, this site has dropped so much that I am not certain that sponsorship would show any kind of return anyway.

I think that it would be pretty cool for BTM and PBC to to restart threads where they show the latest listings and boats for sale. Maybe it could liven up this site and it would be good for everybody.

Post Thanks / Like
    Big Thunder and Performance Boat Center are great to represent here.

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    A lot has changed over the years with this site, the people, the hardware ....... Change is good ...... Time to update the cover
    Life is gooder in retirement !!!! - Endless Summer Live Life !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 36Tango View Post
    I really do not care if they are a sponsor or not, both BTM and PBC make this lake what it is. It seems like asking for any kind of sponsorship would be easier if this site would first show their support of both businesses. Hell, this site has dropped so much that I am not certain that sponsorship would show any kind of return anyway.

I think that it would be pretty cool for BTM and PBC to to restart threads where they show the latest listings and boats for sale. Maybe it could liven up this site and it would be good for everybody.
    I agree in part.... That is why I am saying support those that support the site. PBC has been missing for a long time. Ben was the only one that used to post. A little action on their part WOULD go a long way to getting my support for MORE free advertising. There is NUMEROUS posts supporting them throughout the year whether it be one of their events or people visiting the facility. So... Reciprocation of some type on their part may not be all bad, Don't you think?

I would like to point out there is many other dealers and restaurants that too make the lake... I just suggest seeing the whole picture, PBC is NOT the only place here that makes the lake what it is. JMHO

Lets see if this gets to the people at PBC, it would be nice to see them back involved...
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaholic View Post
    I agree in part.... That is why I am saying support those that support the site. PBC has been missing for a long time. Ben was the only one that used to post. A little action on their part WOULD go a long way to getting my support for MORE free advertising. There is NUMEROUS posts supporting them throughout the year whether it be one of their events or people visiting the facility. So... Reciprocation of some type on their part may not be all bad, Don't you think?

I would like to point out there is many other dealers and restaurants that too make the lake... I just suggest seeing the whole picture, PBC is NOT the only place here that makes the lake what it is. JMHO

Lets see if this gets to the people at PBC, it would be nice to see them back involved...
    I did not mean to shortchange anybody as over the past several years many different places have really stepped up their games. We are spoiled beyond belief when it comes to the offerings at LOTO. That said, BTM and PBC have set a standard in boat sales and service that, in my opinion, are unparalleled anywhere in the country. My suggestion was that we replace the pic of Wilds old boat with one each from those 2. If we wanted a picture of a waffle or omelet, I would probably alter the suggestion to the Cozy Cafe and Stewarts.

When it comes down to boats and LOTO. BTM and PBC are at the top of the class. Lets embrace it and support them by at least putting one of thier boats on the homepage header.

That said, it was just an idea and I was bored enough to post it up to liven it up in here a bit!

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Simple solution............Put a pic of the Shootout Top Gun on the banner and change yearly or as needed.

Iowa across the river from Neb city/LOTO,Gravois arm
    My Ride
    32ft regal & cig cafe racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Simple solution............Put a pic of the Shootout Top Gun on the banner and change yearly or as needed.
    Good idea, helping the shoot out would be better then free advertising for PBC or BT. Both are top tier places, and can afford advertising. If they choose not to advertise here that’s fine. They can post anything they like to prompt there place with out paying, there is no reason for the form to do it for them by put them on the header page, unless they would like to pay.����

I would think PBC would want to get some pic going after the BT show room pic with thee cig there. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Griff for the win!!!
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’d rather see BTM and PBC than Spirit of Quatar as they are locals and support the lake with so much, but just about any change would be good.

Out of sheer curiosity, how much would it cost to be the sponsor of the banner for a year? How much has Wild been paying (ok, a bit of sarcasm there!)?

My Ride
    24 ft Four Winns
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about a member's spotlight......where are you from , what's your ride, how long have you been coming to the lake? or we can all submit pics of our boats and they get changed every now and then.........The diversity of the lake!.......me in my lowly Four Winns would fit right in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty sure Spirit of Quatar will NEVER be on our page since it was disbanded 3+ years ago. It is a "Local" that has won the last couple of years: American Ethanol, so that IS supporting the lake.

To rebut the sarcasm, If i remember correctly, MWBP sponsored the Speedy boat in the day, that is why it was up there. Besides he (Wild) helped with events, and sponsored numerous other things with in MWBP in the day. NEVER did Wilds personal interests (Business) get promoted on this site. Hell, I doubt most people even knew what he did or how he got to who he was.

We all agree a change is a good thing, and everyone that contributes to the site should be recognized. "Free" advertising is easy to get on this site. The owners are very gracious, but it still costs money for all of us to play.

36 Tango. PM Sent...
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    1992 24' baja outlaw whippled
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE GHOST View Post
    How about a member's spotlight......where are you from , what's your ride, how long have you been coming to the lake? or we can all submit pics of our boats and they get changed every now and then.........The diversity of the lake!.......me in my lowly Four Winns would fit right in.
    That idea has been in the works, I have a few write ups almost done just need to get the time to put them together
    Midwest Boat Party - Business Operations

My Ride
    1992 24' baja outlaw whippled
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about a cig outboard raceboat for the banner?
    Midwest Boat Party - Business Operations

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking around for the file to replace on the server I found this relic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhhh memories!
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO