Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Questions for the best group at the lake

I need to figure out new direction to earn more money. What type of small business or what type of services do you think is needed or underserved at the lake

Glenwood, IA/10mm Spring Cove/Poplar Bluff, MO
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you ever thought of becoming a pilot? There is a severe shortage right now.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    "You can fall many times in life...But you're never a failure as long as you try to get up!" - Evel Knievel

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that a guy could make decent money doing a boat charter. I know a member that went the Anchor route and seems to do very well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 36Tango View Post
    I think that a guy could make decent money doing a boat charter. I know a member that went the Anchor route and seems to do very well.
    I have seriously thought about it during summer of 2002 &3 drove boats for few groups had some wild times and often was very stressed over the safety of the young and very drunk,

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lake_carl View Post
    I have seriously thought about it during summer of 2002 &3 drove boats for few groups had some wild times and often was very stressed over the safety of the young and very drunk,
    Talk to JMS and he can give you some insight in the kinds of groups he sees.

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carl, Private ride to and from the lake to St Louis, KC, Springfield, and Columbia airports for the travelers ?? I would like to leave a vehicle at the lake, then fly from KC, St louis, Springfield for the winter months, as well would need a ride back to the lake once winter is over ......
    Life is gooder in retirement !!!! - Endless Summer Live Life !!!

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakerat View Post
    Carl, Private ride to and from the lake to St Louis, KC, Springfield, and Columbia airports for the travelers ?? I would like to leave a vehicle at the lake, then fly from KC, St louis, Springfield for the winter months, as well would need a ride back to the lake once winter is over ......
    I've always wondered if a bus route could be successful.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    Waverunner / Work loaners
    Post Thanks / Like
    This might be popular up and down the strip.Get the legs built up and check on liability first... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUiwTDFRfO8

Post Thanks / Like
    Hard to compete with uber for this use

Iowa across the river from Neb city/LOTO,Gravois arm
    My Ride
    32ft regal & cig cafe racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you an Uber driver? Can be a nice source of income and you can turn it off if busy with something else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by laketime View Post
    Are you an Uber driver? Can be a nice source of income and you can turn it off if busy with something else.
    Yes and lyft, pays much less than taxi use to and way less tips

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious, what would it cost to get from KCI, St louis, or Springfield MO to Louri (Franky & Louie's) ?? I have rode with Carl at the lake, always a good experience and priced fairly

Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious, what would it cost to get from KCI, St louis, or Springfield MO to Louri (Franky & Louie's) ?? I have rode with Carl at the lake, always a good experience and priced fairly
    Uber x charge to Stl around 300, kci bit more Springfield around 180

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me, I would pay for KC or St Louis $100, then Springfield $65....... Hmm...I guess I will keep on doing what I do .... I am talking just 1 or 2 people, with carry on or 1 bag...... Of course I would include a larger tip when I have been drankin

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, I would pay for KC or St Louis $100, then Springfield $65....... Hmm...I guess I will keep on doing what I do .... I am talking just 1 or 2 people, with carry on or 1 bag...... Of course I would include a larger tip when I have been drankin
    Last trip I picked up at stl airport were related to good friends I done for $300. I checked their flight arrived in chicago on time and flight to stl was scheduled on time departure so I spent few minutes and left home. My home to airport is about 3 hours with short pit stop, where I checked their flight and it had been delayed 1 hour, too 45 minutes from flight landing till leaving airport with a food to go stop I made it back home after just under 9 hours time, $7 bridge toll, $10 parking, 360 miles $50 in fuel cost,