Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ2LOTO View Post
    Is that at Fort Myers Beach, next to the Lana Kai, or another location?
    Yes it is .....Shuckers at the Gulfshore and the Cottage Bar
    Life is gooder in retirement !!!! - Endless Summer Live Life !!!

My Ride
    A trawler, a toon, a dinghy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Lakerat. We were walking up the beach a day or two ago and ended up eating there. So, what's the LOTO party there like? Are there a bunch of LOTO folks there? I think we are going to be in Marco Island that afternoon/early evening, but if we get back on Estero Island we may walk up and see if anyone is still up there. Do you know how late the party will likely go on?
    Carefree/Scottsdale, AZ and 8MM at LOTO

Post Thanks / Like
    Marco Island has a dive that is very popular on Sunday afternoon. It is called Stans in Goodland. It is only busy in the middle of the afternoon on Sundays but well worth the experience. The LOTO party will likely be 100 plus people from the lake. The party has a good back story.... Hopefully the Cottage can put up with that crew so it will not have to move again....These people can PARTY......

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of years ago we went to the party and to see Dale. I think Dale played like around 2pm or 3pm. Not sure if it is the same this year.

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yum!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't seem to stay away from bad tempting food so far this year. Even online!
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

Post Thanks / Like
    That pie is RIDICULOUS! I get mine without the almond shavings. I will be there soon!

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH View Post
    That pie is RIDICULOUS! I get mine without the almond shavings. I will be there soon!
    Do they stock them without almond shavings? I always have just scraped them off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes they do. Sometimes you have to ask.

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to admit, we've polished off 2 of those pies since we basically live in a Publix parking lot. I'm sure we'll have a few more before leaving here. Good stuff!
    ASH, that was also a great tip on that little hardware store here on the island. I was taking a bus to an Ace hardware when I needed something. Now I can bike or walk up to that "Goods" store or whatever it is called. They usually have what I need and it's much closer/quicker. In fact I'm getting ready to bike up there now to get a couple of stainless steel screws I need. I guess that means I'll have to go through the Publix parking lot, which will test my will on bypassing the key lime pie. Thanks for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ2LOTO View Post
    I have to admit, we've polished off 2 of those pies since we basically live in a Publix parking lot. I'm sure we'll have a few more before leaving here. Good stuff!
    ASH, that was also a great tip on that little hardware store here on the island. I was taking a bus to an Ace hardware when I needed something. Now I can bike or walk up to that "Goods" store or whatever it is called. They usually have what I need and it's much closer/quicker. In fact I'm getting ready to bike up there now to get a couple of stainless steel screws I need. I guess that means I'll have to go through the Publix parking lot, which will test my will on bypassing the key lime pie. Thanks for that.

Im telling you ----it is a good hardware store, but it is a GREAT ice cream store.....Gator Tracks is my favorite if you can't decide on a flavor. We stay in the 7 story building just to the north of that hardware store and the balcony looks right down in the window.

Post Thanks / Like
    Came down to Ft. Myers Beach to warm up for my birthday. Key lime pie from Publix is legit! Wow! Had king crab at Charlie’s Boat House...amazing. One pound of king crab, wife ordered flounder and an amazing salad bar for $67. Pretty awesome!

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    JLM, we have not been there (Boat House) yet. We tried one night, but the wait was pretty long so we moved on. Thanks for the recommendation. We'll fit it in before we leave here I bet.

We took to dinghy down to Lover's Key yesterday and walked around the beach area, then did a sunset beach walk here near the marina later back on Estero Island. Headed to Fort Myers today by bus to run some errands. We'll watch the Chiefs Sunday here at the marina -- go Chiefs!!!!!! Still happy to be here in FMB and likely will hang around some more. Marco Island and then to they keys will probably be next on our itinerary, but we really have no schedule.

I kind of hope we can catch a mooring ball for a few days in Boot Key Harbor (Marathon) rather than anchor, but anchoring should work there, too. They say February is busiest month there, so maybe we will hit that area in March instead.