Glenwood, IA/10mm Spring Cove/Poplar Bluff, MO
    Post Thanks / Like

Any tax accountants here?

I owe thousands in additional income tax for 2018 (again). I changed my W4 last year to have an additional amount withheld. I went thru my paystubs and the income tax withholding amount each check equals whats listed on on my W2 but dont see where the additional withholding was credited to my federal tax paid each check. Where does that additional withholding go and how do I get credit for it? I have email into HR but they are away on business and wont receive a response for a while. Jim

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    "You can fall many times in life...But you're never a failure as long as you try to get up!" - Evel Knievel

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you mean 2019??

They should just add the additional withholding to your normal federal tax. You wouldn't see an additional line item deduction/withholding.
    Tax rates have not changed from last year so compare your last years paystubs to current year and see if they are actually withholding the additional.
    Did you withhold an additional $$$ amount or just change exemptions??
    I saw next to no difference when I changed from Married 2 to Married 0 in mid 2018.

BTW, I'm not a tax accountant

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Do you mean 2019??

They should just add the additional withholding to your normal federal tax. You wouldn't see an additional line item deduction/withholding.
    Tax rates have not changed from last year so compare your last years paystubs to current year and see if they are actually withholding the additional.
    I saw next to no difference when I changed from Married 2 to Married 0 in mid 2018.

Yes. Im on night shift right now and my brain is fried. I meant 2019. Thanks Griff.

"You can fall many times in life...But you're never a failure as long as you try to get up!" - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Do you mean 2019??

Yes I withheld an additional amount. Im already claiming zero.

My Ride
    Powerquest 380 Avenger
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer864 View Post
    they are away on business and wont receive a response for a while. Jim

A “business trip” of spending your money
    If stupid could fly, you'd be a Jet!