Lake View resort personal reviews?

Looking at this place for a 5 night stay
    Good and bad? Just the 2 of us,
    Like the idea of onsite boat slip, and will need a slip
    Better options?

Post Thanks / Like
    what area of the lake, dam, osage or up by hurricane deck

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want more off water or not by boat options Robin's resort in osage beach or countless osage beach or lake ozark condos. What are your desires other than a slip to rent

My Ride
    Cobalt 252
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have stayed at Point Randall Resort over 10 times. It's my favorite. They are at the 2MM in a large cove, with great boat docks.

Post Thanks / Like
    We stayed there many years ago, Older project but maintained and the people are friendly and helpfull.

It is on the west side of the lake, not real convenient if you are coming from Minnesota Personally I would look into VRBO at a Condo in Osage Beach or Lake Ozark area. Closer to restaurants, shopping, (Basically all the amenities) but that is just me...
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    John Deere
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mnfastboat View Post
    Looking at this place for a 5 night stay
    Good and bad? Just the 2 of us,
    Like the idea of onsite boat slip, and will need a slip
    Better options?
    Grand Glaze inn is near PB2 and last last time I was there they had slips. The area you mentioned is near Rock Harbor they have slips also however it has been a few years since I was there. It was nice and clean. Ramp sucked but near lake shores. The place we used back in the OSO days to put your boat in. PM me if you need me to check a place out and I will give you my cell number.

My Ride
    25 TT Neptoon
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is a basic old school resort. Nothing fancy, but clean. The Shawnee Bend boat ramp is close and bikini pier has decent gas docks. I know folks who go there every year. One neighborhood bar and convenience store close by. Nearby dining by road would be Lakehouse 13.
    What happens at the lake, stays at the lake. Unless I have a camera handy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not that it would matter but when you drive by in your boat the cabins look like they are so low compared to the water level. Might make for a real good perspective. I am sure others are back in the cove and higher up. Obviously its been there forever and I am sure they are high enough but stills looks distinctive from the lake.

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hugh, when are you looking to go?? I can get you some very good deals for a full week (usually Fri-Fri).

I can get full weeks at Lakeview Resort, probably for significantly less than they charge retail. Studios there look like $110-130nt +10% tax.
    I can get full weeks at Lakeview, depending on availability, for probably $500ish and full weeks at Vintage Landing for $600 or less. No other fees or taxes.

If you don't want to go that route, I'd would say to rent a 1BR at Heron Bay. Its where my condo is.
    There are lots for rent by owner for about $100 night cash. Slip is about $15nt.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve stayed there a few times. Loved it. We always got one of the one bedroom lake front suite. The inside is extremely nice. I got a slip as well, but they gave me a slip in a condo complex next door. It was quite a ways away. I would make sure you get one of their slips close.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    As mentioned but just to be more clear, not a great location for things on land. If you're just going to boat, which is completely doable, it'll be a good location.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks everyone!
    After looking more into it i am liking Randal resort over all. Little more expensive but able to get a king bed
    Longer boat rides, but closer land choices for nights out.
    I was thinking Lake View because boating in ether direction seem central.
    Wife has never been there and it has been over 14 years since I have been. WOW, seems so long ago and it is!!
    Rich, I do remember PB2 however I am trying to make it where the wife does not have to drive the trailer thru town
    That is why I am thinking more resort with launch and trailer parking onsite. With our RCI options we can get the week @ Lake view for under $500 for the week.
    However we only have 5 days there.
    Scott, thank you for the offer and might take you up on it. Depends if we decide on Randal resort.

If I had more knowledge of the parking/trailering and such I would be more open to condo's.
    Remember horror stories about leaving a trailer alone @ PB2

Post Thanks / Like
    Pb2 has very many trailers there much of summer with very few problems, so would not rule that out,

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mnfastboat View Post
    thanks everyone!
    After looking more into it i am liking Randal resort over all. Little more expensive but able to get a king bed
    Longer boat rides, but closer land choices for nights out.
    I was thinking Lake View because boating in ether direction seem central.
    Wife has never been there and it has been over 14 years since I have been. WOW, seems so long ago and it is!!
    Rich, I do remember PB2 however I am trying to make it where the wife does not have to drive the trailer thru town
    That is why I am thinking more resort with launch and trailer parking onsite. With our RCI options we can get the week @ Lake view for under $500 for the week.
    However we only have 5 days there.
    Scott, thank you for the offer and might take you up on it. Depends if we decide on Randal resort.

If I had more knowledge of the parking/trailering and such I would be more open to condo's.
    Remember horror stories about leaving a trailer alone @ PB2
    You can leave your trailer PB2 for $5/day. Never heard of anyone issues with leaving trailers there. That is what I have always done before we got our place. I've left it there for 7-10 days several times. FYI, There is a ramp at Marina 54 which is about 300 yards from Heron Bay that charges $10 per use.

Didn't know you had a RCI timeshare. That's where I was getting those prices. I have put full weeks on hold at RCI and then called the resorts and asked if I could modify the days internally before I confirmed. Vintage Landing (I own 2br week 25 there) and Holiday Shores were accommodating moving my week by a few days.

BTW, the lake has changed a LOT since you were last there. Water is WAY bigger/rougher on the weekends. Weekdays are fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to add to what Griff said about Change... Traffic going through town is no longer an issue as it was 7-8 years ago. We have the Bypass which substantially changed the Traffic flow on Osage Beach Parkway South. You can get to PB2 either from Case Rd (Easy with or without trailer) or Nichols Rd (Not preferred with a trailer) The traffic and entrance to the park is easy.

I too agree parking and leaving a trailer should be no big deal. There is overnight parking at either Ramp area, but for a week, you will want to put it in the extended time area. Still very convenient, just not in the heart of the launch area.

There is NUMEROUS condo rentals in that area and being in Osage Beach on and off water shopping, restaurants, etc are easy and convenient.
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO