Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Ride
    American Curls
    Post Thanks / Like
    MNFASTBOAT..Welcome back, havent seen you around here in years.
    Whats next?

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    MNFASTBOAT..Welcome back, havent seen you around here in years.
    Thanks, have been on here and there just not much.

Griff, As for the rough water, I can safely assume that already. I remember stuffing my Cat there once and if it is like everyone here they are getting bigger boats!!
    Still the same boat Anyone else say they still have the same boat after 20+ years!! Hard to believe it has been that long.

As for the trailer parking, guess I just remember the 'bad' talk from years past--many years
    Just like reviews, not too many post the good things ;(

Cannot wait for some 'lake time'.

My Ride
    John Deere
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mnfastboat View Post
    Thanks, have been on here and there just not much.

Griff, As for the rough water, I can safely assume that already. I remember stuffing my Cat there once and if it is like everyone here they are getting bigger boats!!
    Still the same boat Anyone else say they still have the same boat after 20+ years!! Hard to believe it has been that long.

As for the trailer parking, guess I just remember the 'bad' talk from years past--many years
    Just like reviews, not too many post the good things ;(

Cannot wait for some 'lake time'.
    Hugh if you stay on the west side you can leave the trailer at my shop. Also if you are on that side Lake Shores will put you boat in and store you trailer if that helps. If you stay around the 31 mm and need help let me know.

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    What are of the lake are you in? Sorry cannot remember back that far
    Now looking @ a Condo @ either Heron Bay or the Ledges.
    Heron has onsite launch and trailer, but the Ledges does not.
    That leaves us to doing PB2 and leaving the trailer there, But then the wife needs to navigate back to the condo

Post Thanks / Like
    At ledges many people also use Kelly's port real close by land, ledges and kelly port do have trailer parking not sure if ledges parking is reserved or fee

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lake_carl View Post
    At ledges many people also use Kelly's port real close by land, ledges and kelly port do have trailer parking not sure if ledges parking is reserved or fee
    Thanks! Searching maps I was seeing them as well as RYC as a source to look at for launching and trailer

My Ride
    John Deere
    Post Thanks / Like
    That leaves us to doing PB2 and leaving the trailer there, But then the wife needs to navigate back to the condo
    We live at the 31mm but the shop is on the west side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably not relevant to what you are looking for but I stayed at Robins Resort on the Grand Glaize and they have a variety of accommodations and a decent boat ramp and trailer parking. The guy running the place was a nice guy as well.

I have stayed at Sunset Beach Resort and it was a nice place but the boat ramp was an adventure. Impossibly tight at the top and as near to vertical as any place I have ever tried to drive.

Both places have decent docks.

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heron Bay's ramp is pretty much only good for jet ski's and fishing boats. No way you can use that ramp. Trailer parking is very limited and is only for owners who purchase the annual permit sticker. Marina 54's ramp is about 300' from HB's docks and about 5 blocks away by land, but the ramp is STEEP. If its only the 2 of you, then HB is perfect since its all 1BR's except for one building of 2BR's, but I don't think there are any short term rentals in the 2BR's. Launching at PB2 is easy peasy and getting to HB by land from PB2 is just as easy. Enter PB2 at Nichols Rd entrance off of 54 and HB is about 3 miles down Nichols Rd back across 54.

Surdyke (Old Blue Moon Marina) is right next to Ledges, but pretty sure they charge a decent amount. Ledges are nice, but smallest is 2BR's and probably $160-180/nt. Kelley's Port, from I have been told, is not real keen on letting people use their ramp and charge a high fee.

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Heron Bay's ramp is pretty much only good for jet ski's and fishing boats. No way you can use that ramp. Trailer parking is very limited and is only for owners who purchase the annual permit sticker. Marina 54's ramp is about 300' from HB's docks and about 5 blocks away by land, but the ramp is STEEP. If its only the 2 of you, then HB is perfect since its all 1BR's except for one building of 2BR's, but I don't think there are any short term rentals in the 2BR's. Launching at PB2 is easy peasy and getting to HB by land from PB2 is just as easy. Enter PB2 at Nichols Rd entrance off of 54 and HB is about 3 miles down Nichols Rd back across 54.

Surdyke (Old Blue Moon Marina) is right next to Ledges, but pretty sure they charge a decent amount. Ledges are nice, but smallest is 2BR's and probably $160-180/nt. Kelley's Port, from I have been told, is not real keen on letting people use their ramp and charge a high fee.
    My Bad, it is NOT Heron Bay that I was looking at but Harbor Point Condo's.
    Going by the Google map overlay it seems that there launch should be easy, just looks like the not a long drop off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Bad, it is NOT Heron Bay that I was looking at but Harbor Point Condo's.
    Going by the Google map overlay it seems that there launch should be easy, just looks like the not a long drop off.
    If you end up at Harbor Point or Heron Bay I would just call Pier 54 and see if they'll hook up a tractor and dip you in. Painless. Their ramp is new and very long.

Mine goin in. Harbor Point's ramp in the background. I honestly never even noticed it.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts and inputs.
    Ended up reserving @ Robins Resort for our time frame.
    Seems central and we can boat in either direction without having to travel the entire distance each day.
    Wife has never been there so I want to show as much as possible.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts and inputs.
    Ended up reserving @ Robins Resort for our time frame.
    Seems central and we can boat in either direction without having to travel the entire distance each day.
    Wife has never been there so I want to show as much as possible.
    That'll be a nice choice. Aside from all the obvious stuff, those big coves to the south east of there are usually nice for relaxing and an interesting destination for a nice boat ride is "Hanging basket cove," a few miles up the Grand Glaize.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations