My Ride
    340 Mach 1
    Post Thanks / Like

Marco Island Fl.

Wife and I are going to Marco the first week in March. She will be in a conference during the day leaving me to fend for myself. Any ideas, must do's, must see's?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are there on a Sunday, you MUST go to the bar called Stans ......
    Life is gooder in retirement !!!! - Endless Summer Live Life !!!

My Ride
    340 Mach 1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thanks Ritchie!

My Ride
    A trawler, a toon, a dinghy
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a restaurant at the Snook Inn that has really good seafood and a great salad bar. You can sit outside on the water. It's the only place I've been on Marco Island, but it was pretty good. If I learn more, I'll post up. We should be cruising by there the first week of March as well. I think we'll anchor out somewhere off the island and dinghy in and look around before heading farther south.
    Carefree/Scottsdale, AZ and 8MM at LOTO

My Ride
    340 Mach 1
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are staying at JW Marriott which looks like it is about the middle of the beach so should have some good scenery I hope

My Ride
    SeaRay 320 Sundancer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buy a bottle of liquor before getting there...stayed there a few times, wife’s Miami Vice with floater was over $30. Over $40 per round with my beer. Water bottle half mixed with high end vodka poolside from then on or yeti cup. I’m not typically cheap, but that place is way high.

Goodland fishing village is cool on east end, CJs on bay usually has live music, and Le Bee fish is a hole in wall fresh catch place that is good. Marco is pretty laid back resort area with not much in terms of night life or even restaurants.

My Ride
    Intrepid, Formula, Cigarette
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't expect a lot of scenery under 50. 9:00 PM is Marco Midnight.

Staying at JW puts you within walking distance of Oyster Society probably the best restaurant close by.

Like Rich said Stan's is da bomb on Sunday, think The Fish with worse service but it is the thing to do on Sunday.

JW gets really pricey if you want some more restaurant recommendations PM me. Expect to need reservations in season and the Island is busy this year.
    Never liked those loud obnoxious boats, until I bought one of my own.

My Ride
    340 Mach 1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for the recommendations. Had great time and great weather. Was so wore out on Sunday we ended up in the room by 8 and we were out! JW has added on with some new restaurants. 10k Alley is an arcade and has all sorts of craft beers and a bourbon list that will be hard to top and food was delicious. Tesoro is a Mediterranean that is indoor our outdoor on the balcony overlooking the gulf really nice place. But as everyone else has stated it's a bit spendy there so I packed a some vodka and my Mio water enhancer and was a beach bum all 3 days!! Went out on JW's catamaran
    Wednesday afternoon and on the way back in saw how packed Snooks was.