Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    My Ride
    1995 Chris Craft 33 Crowne
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 36Tango View Post
    I am really thinking that it is time to throw in the towel for 45 days and stay home.
    I hear you. My wife works for an "essential retailer" who, in our opinion, is not taking some of the most basic steps to keep employees and customers safe. We were discussing her taking a leave last night. We've been really good on social distancing aspect at home and trips to the boat, but with her in retail there is a lot of exposure. The tipping point will be if our parents decide to come home from Arizona. I don't trust the parents to keep their distance from us and we'd hate to expose them to the retail world.

Post Thanks / Like
    here is my thoughts on all of this, Monday I started with a low grade fever, chills and body aches also hurts to swallow. Called my doctor and did a video conference on Tuesday morning and since I ‘m a healthy 65 year old with no issue breathing I will not be tested.
    If I start with breathing issue call them and stay sheltered in place for 7 days after my fever breaks. They said I would be recovered before I got a answer on the test and I would have to wait up to 4 hours in line for testing

My Ride
    Challenger SV24 "RUSH HOUR"
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cajun View Post
    here is my thoughts on all of this, Monday I started with a low grade fever, chills and body aches also hurts to swallow. Called my doctor and did a video conference on Tuesday morning and since I ‘m a healthy 65 year old with no issue breathing I will not be tested.
    If I start with breathing issue call them and stay sheltered in place for 7 days after my fever breaks. They said I would be recovered before I got a answer on the test and I would have to wait up to 4 hours in line for testing
    I went to urgent care 2 weeks ago for the same symptoms, they tested for flu, strep, and mono and all came back negative. Gave me a steroid shot and antibiotics, I'm just now feeling 100% better this week. they said I didn't have enough symptoms to test for corona but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what I had. I'm 32 with no medical issues so chances are if I had/get it I would just have flu like symptoms for awhile.

Post Thanks / Like
    SCARY stuff
    Take care, stay safe, stay protected and healthy !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Three things I don’t understand:

Why does India, with a population of 1.35 billion, have only 1,998 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 58 deaths, while the U.S., with a population of 331 million, has 216,000 cases and 5,100 deaths?

We saw plenty of pictures of the Chinese, South Koreans, Japanese, etc., wearing masks when their countries were being slammed with COVID-19 cases, but our government bureaucrats never advised us to do the same. If masks work, why didn’t they recommend we do it? If masks don’t work, why are the hospitals begging for them?

Why is it not a clear violation of the U.S. Constitution to prohibit gatherings of any size in private places?. I can understand the legality of prohibiting gatherings in public buildings or on public property, but on private property? “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. “ If the government declared that the press had to shut down, the media would go batshit crazy. But if a bunch of people want to pack into a church on Sunday morning, or if someone wants to have a big birthday party at their home, those can get you charged with a crime?

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cajun View Post
    Only about 10% of people being tested are positive. Not sure about your area, but we are getting tests back in 1-2 days around here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand most who are tested donít have it and thatís great, but I also thing they are only testing 50% or less of people who are sick. Was told a lot of people getting tested were not even sick but bug health officials enough to get tested. We all know people who get things from a doctor that they donít really need.

I may not have it and that is great and if I do Iím getting better so thatís great also.

Here is the thing that is making me sick and that is not hugging my four grandkids, havenít held them in 30 days

My Ride
    33 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaholic View Post
    I just got back from picking up BTM's new Statement in FL. Was interesting traveling...

No real issues, cheap fuel, finding a hotel room was easy. They are at about 25% occupancy but all are charging more than usual to make up for it and no drinks or breakfasts are available. (I always stay at Hilton properties)

The only real problem is finding food when you are pulling a large trailer. ALL the food Establishments, are closed or serving drive through only. Even all the Subways, McDonalds, etc in the truck stops are closed so if you want something to eat, you are relegated to prepackaged sandwiches or candy...

Another very odd thing was seeing all the Jets lined up in Atlanta going past the International Airport. Looked like a Carmax parking lot.

However a HUGE bonus is traveling itself. Going through all the major cities including Nashville and Atlanta I never even had to disengage the Cruise control. Including this am coming back through Nashville at 8am, I just breezed right on through!!!

Heading to Michigan Friday, will see what it is like to enter a quarantined state? Will update you when I get back! BTW if you are looking for a Black Thunder, give Eddie a call, their is a nice one on the way shortly!

Just to clarify: Traveling is the ultimate in social distancing, The only one that is near me, is me. And of course the other travelers but we are in our vehicles!
    Are boating retailers considered essential? Or should they be shut down right now following the stay home recommendations?

My Ride
    33 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Go_Jim View Post

Why does India, with a population of 1.35 billion, have only 1,998 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 58 deaths, while the U.S., with a population of 331 million, has 216,000 cases and 5,100 deaths?
    Because everybody here wants to question and second guess everything instead of doing what they are told.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ckmansell View Post
    Are boating retailers considered essential? Or should they be shut down right now following the stay home recommendations?
    The point is social distancing... Not making contact with other people. Driving is no contact. Dealers are selling on line and over the phone. Still no contact.

The people who get a paycheck have/appear to have, the option of staying at home. Many have their employer paying for them to sit at home (especially government employees) The rest of us don't. From everything I have heard, the bailout/assistance are centered on employees, not the actual small business owner. We too need to survive. So we all take precautions and observe the rules but still help move the world forward...
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    302 Baja
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Go_Jim View Post

1. They don't have the tests available to determine the number of cases.
    2. They don't have the travel that the rest of the world does so this limits their external exposure.
    3. If you've ever been there, you know those folks have got to have an immune system like a brick shit house. It's by far the nastiest place I've been.
    Between two evils, I always pick the one I've never tried before.

My Ride
    33 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaholic View Post
    The point is social distancing... Not making contact with other people. Driving is no contact. Dealers are selling on line and over the phone. Still no contact.

The people who get a paycheck have/appear to have, the option of staying at home. Many have their employer paying for them to sit at home (especially government employees) The rest of us don't. From everything I have heard, the bailout/assistance are centered on employees, not the actual small business owner. We too need to survive. So we all take precautions and observe the rules but still help move the world forward...
    Actually, I kind of forgot not every county in Missouri is under the order yet. We are working on 10 days now in my county. Nothing is allowed to be open or operating unless they involve activities that are essential to health and safety. Everything and I mean everything is closed and shutdown here. Movie theaters, shops, clothing stores, car dealerships, etc. Some restaurants are offering curbside, but not many.

We are just on the front side of this deal, the actual storm is coming. I suspect your county will be under these orders in the near future. So I would be bracing for it. Like I said, we are working on our 10th day now and it sucks! Feels like it has been months.

My Ride
    Challenger SV24 "RUSH HOUR"
    Post Thanks / Like
    My wife just started working from home today for at least the next month. I'm considered essential so I'll still be going to work every day although I spend a lot less time in the office.
    We are closing on our first place at the lake this month so hopefully this is all over soon!

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pogrelis97 View Post
    My wife just started working from home today for at least the next month. I'm considered essential so I'll still be going to work every day although I spend a lot less time in the office.
    We are closing on our first place at the lake this month so hopefully this is all over soon!
    Congrats! Where'd you end up buying? Stay safe.

We're on ~20 days of working from home, mostly isolation, and being very careful when we've been out. We walk the dog every day and go for a cruise most evenings. I can't stand to be told what to do so the hardest thing for me is keeping the thought out of my head that we're kind of being told what we can and can't do... other than that, this really isn't that hard so far. I've never been so happy to not be a small business owner. I really feel for everyone that is taking a beating.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ckmansell View Post
    We are just on the front side of this deal, the actual storm is coming. I suspect your county will be under these orders in the near future. So I would be bracing for it. Like I said, we are working on our 10th day now and it sucks! Feels like it has been months.
    Don't take this wrong, but welcome to being like many of us self employed people. We work everyday. And trust me, no one cares about us at all! We appreciate and thank you for everything you do to protect your community, but I think many who work with a income that is not based on acquiring revenue everyday, fall short of what reality is for those around them that are small business based.

Serious question: Why are people on a fixed income(s) getting a check in the current package? Their income and really expenses over this deal should not change, if anything costs would have gone down. And business owners with only themselves or a minimal amount of employees will be left behind? Also restaurant owners, will get no help with leases or product, but will get money based on payroll. Hmmmm, Last I knew employees in a restaurant were mostly tip based???? Makes no sense to me? But.....

The Kennedy Center will have a cultural experience waiting for you, that is once the stay at home order is lifted?

Lets face it.... People are going to expire, whether it be from this or any other disease or cause. I get it, precautions MUST be taken, but.... Somewhere along the way, there has to be a cost/return associated with all facets. I could be taken tomorrow from something completely different, the world will continue on...
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO