Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMDye View Post
    It was also reported that two of the new cases had attended the west side pub crawl.
    I saw that too. The clever farcebook posts from during the crawl about not being worried about it don't seem so clever now.

https://www.krmsradio.com/active-cov...krmsradio-com/
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    1995 Chris Craft 33 Crowne
    Post Thanks / Like
    Millstone just closed "to the public". Apparently slip renters are still welcome. Not sure what they really hope to accomplish there.

We are having to think through if we will continue to go to the marina. It's easy to keep to ourselves right now, but as summer gets closer I'm sure there will be quite a few people around all the time and the public bathroom situation seems like a bad deal.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    We originally were heading back to the lake April 10th, this is now on hold
    Life is gooder in retirement !!!! - Endless Summer Live Life !!!

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by natesms View Post
    Millstone just closed "to the public". Apparently slip renters are still welcome. Not sure what they really hope to accomplish there.

We are having to think through if we will continue to go to the marina. It's easy to keep to ourselves right now, but as summer gets closer I'm sure there will be quite a few people around all the time and the public bathroom situation seems like a bad deal.

It's hard to keep your distance anywhere at the lake right now but our experience on docks has been particularly bad. It feels rude right now to say anything to people but I think that will change as time goes on. People still have their dogs running around, everyone petting them, spreading it like wildfire. At some point you've just got to say something.

I picked up a grocery order Saturday morning. The parking lot was as packed as a summer Saturday... and I was the only one in the online-order pickup spots. It looked like a perfect portrait of the general mentality at the lake right now.

My Ride
    A trawler, a toon, a dinghy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting point about dogs, Dredd. We are living full time in a marina right now. If there are others out on the dock, I carry the dog (thankfully this one is little -- my previous Great Dane and Weimaraner would have been hard to carry!). He is a "surface" on which things can live. He goes everywhere in the boat, including the couch, the bed, etc. So it's not that we are overprotective of our dog. Actually it's great for him when all kinds of people want to pet him. For now, though, we have read not to allow it. Once we get to land, we walk him as usual and nothing is different. It seems crazy, but that is what we are doing for now.
    Carefree/Scottsdale, AZ and 8MM at LOTO

Post Thanks / Like
    I see they closed the channel in Havasu because too many people were hanging out too close together and in groups. I wish Ameren and the Water Patrol would come out with lake virus guidelines to help educate people what is ok and what is not. If people raft up in coves I think Ameren will shut down the lake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    It's hard to keep your distance anywhere at the lake right now but our experience on docks has been particularly bad. It feels rude right now to say anything to people but I think that will change as time goes on. People still have their dogs running around, everyone petting them, spreading it like wildfire. At some point you've just got to say something.

I picked up a grocery order Saturday morning. The parking lot was as packed as a summer Saturday... and I was the only one in the online-order pickup spots. It looked like a perfect portrait of the general mentality at the lake right now.
    I've been out and about when necessary and have been to several grocery stores (including Wal Mart) in Camdenton and Osage Beach and each time I went inside there were no crowds at all....shelves were stocked full...people were very friendly. We always do our shopping during the week as do most people who live here full time.

Not sure if I understand what you mean by "It looked like a perfect portrait of the general mentality at the lake right now"...….

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SummersAtTheLake View Post
    I've been out and about when necessary and have been to several grocery stores (including Wal Mart) in Camdenton and Osage Beach and each time I went inside there were no crowds at all....shelves were stocked full...people were very friendly. We always do our shopping during the week as do most people who live here full time.

Not sure if I understand what you mean by "It looked like a perfect portrait of the general mentality at the lake right now"...….
    My statement was intended to mean that the lake is a few days behind the bigger cities in accepting that this is a real problem. I didn't mean to sound like an ass, it's the reality in my home town and anywhere else that is less densely populated. It's a general statement of course, doesn't apply to anyone specifically.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got back from picking up BTM's new Statement in FL. Was interesting traveling...

No real issues, cheap fuel, finding a hotel room was easy. They are at about 25% occupancy but all are charging more than usual to make up for it and no drinks or breakfasts are available. (I always stay at Hilton properties)

The only real problem is finding food when you are pulling a large trailer. ALL the food Establishments, are closed or serving drive through only. Even all the Subways, McDonalds, etc in the truck stops are closed so if you want something to eat, you are relegated to prepackaged sandwiches or candy...

Another very odd thing was seeing all the Jets lined up in Atlanta going past the International Airport. Looked like a Carmax parking lot.

However a HUGE bonus is traveling itself. Going through all the major cities including Nashville and Atlanta I never even had to disengage the Cruise control. Including this am coming back through Nashville at 8am, I just breezed right on through!!!

Heading to Michigan Friday, will see what it is like to enter a quarantined state? Will update you when I get back! BTW if you are looking for a Black Thunder, give Eddie a call, their is a nice one on the way shortly!

Just to clarify: Traveling is the ultimate in social distancing, The only one that is near me, is me. And of course the other travelers but we are in our vehicles!
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    1995 Chris Craft 33 Crowne
    Post Thanks / Like
    Camden county passed additional restrictions saying no more than 10 people at docks of a restaurant or bar. Not 10 boats, or 10 people on the dock, 10 people period. One boat with 10 people means no one else can dock.

Going to be interesting...

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I poo poo’ed this whole virus deal a few months back, but it is real, and over the month it will become very real for many of us. Take a look at this link. On the top put in your state and it will give you an idea of what is going to happen. I believe that the math behind it is solid. Believe it or not, even though the next 45 days may be rough in the Midwest, this knowledge actually makes me feel better. We closed our indoor entertainment park a couple of weeks ago, and now I sit here tonight considering closing 2 more businesses. On top of that, 3 of our commercial tenants are closed (60,000 sq/ft)

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

I am really thinking that it is time to throw in the towel for 45 days and stay home.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw those Healthdata.org projections, and downloaded the Missouri data to keep track of how accurate those projections turn out to be through the end of July.

I created a chart from the data, and thought Id share it in case anyone else is interested in seeing it.

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    In just the past 5 hours or so, Iowa’s chart has changed from peaking on April 15th to peaking April 30th. They are also predicting needing substantially more beds, icu beds, and ventilators. Yesterday it appeared there would be plenty, while now a shortage is predicted. Definitely a moving target.

My Ride
    38 EC Fountain/252 Formula
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone find it ironic that New York Cali and Illinois have ordered 17000 ventilators each from China ?

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flatrate View Post
    Anyone find it ironic that New York Cali and Illinois have ordered 17000 ventilators each from China ?
    By the look of this chart, anyway, the ventilators May come too late for New York.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections