Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    My Ride
    Waverunner / Work loaners
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting read.Probably a good time to ..refocus on this whole virus jump sh*t. https://www.livescience.com/why-coro...der-radar.html

My Ride
    A trawler, a toon, a dinghy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WebSpyder View Post
    Not sure how all of this "social distancing" thing is supposed to work on the water. MarineMax (it's still Port Arrowhead in my mind) issued some guidelines re the marina. No one but family members allowed on your boat and so on. Can I still use the public restrooms? How about the docker's lounge, coffee pot, pool table etc.? The biggest question is, are marina's an essential service? SURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE they are. As a means by which I can ensure my mental well-being, I'd sure put them in the essential category.
    Yes, marinas are essential. Maybe not every marina, but many are essential for commercial fishing purposes and also for safety. I know the one we are living in is definitely essential. On LOTO? I don't know, but many are essential in other areas. They are operating now, but with an overlay of a lot of rules that help them comply with social distancing. From what I am witnessing, they can definitely operate safely right now and respect the social distancing recommendations.
    Carefree/Scottsdale, AZ and 8MM at LOTO

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are all of the marinas pumping gas? I am thinking that the Skater might come off the lift mid week!

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 36Tango View Post
    Are all of the marinas pumping gas? I am thinking that the Skater might come off the lift mid week!
    The two I've heard are for sure in your area are Formula and Kelly's Port.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    "Stress Eliminator" 36 Daytona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bridgeview is pay at the pump. 1mm glazie arm, always fresh 93 available, redhead also has fuel if your wanting someone to pump it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Summer time is Happy time

My Ride
    Formula 336 SR1
    Post Thanks / Like
    I poo poo’ed this whole virus deal a few months back, but it is real, and over the month it will become very real for many of us. Take a look at this link. On the top put in your state and it will give you an idea of what is going to happen. I believe that the math behind it is solid. Believe it or not, even though the next 45 days may be rough in the Midwest, this knowledge actually makes me feel better. We closed our indoor entertainment park a couple of weeks ago, and now I sit here tonight considering closing 2 more businesses. On top of that, 3 of our commercial tenants are closed (60,000 sq/ft)

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

I am really thinking that it is time to throw in the towel for 45 days and stay home.
    Great website. Thanks!

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boater34 View Post
    Great website. Thanks!

Yep, I've been checking it every few days. Nebraska is supposed to peak on April 24 and the good news is that the predictions have gone down almost 50%
    MO is predicted to peak on April 19 and the predicted numbers are way down as well.

My Ride
    1995 Chris Craft 33 Crowne
    Post Thanks / Like
    I filled up at Millstone yesterday. $2.50 for 87.

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by natesms View Post
    I filled up at Millstone yesterday. $2.50 for 87.
    With it being a buck sixty at the convenience stores, and not having to pay the 17 cents per gallon road tax anymore, you would think that prices would be quite a bit less than that.

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post

Yep, I've been checking it every few days. Nebraska is supposed to peak on April 24 and the good news is that the predictions have gone down almost 50%
    MO is predicted to peak on April 19 and the predicted numbers are way down as well.
    Wow, I just looked at Iowa at it is about 75% less than what it was just a few days ago. It has been pretty wild watching this graph change.

My Ride
    Cafe Racer & 2 Champions
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whether it peaks or not - it doesn't mean it goes away. Once the masses flock to the lake because "they think its over" there's a good chance it will surge again in that area. Yup, I'll be one of those people but I probably won't be visiting any bars this year and I can bring everything I need from home to avoid the stores for the most part. Hopefully I'm 1000% wrong because it won't be summer without a pain in the ass from The Fish. Ah well, I can take that money and put it towards some work on the house

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadStinger View Post
    Whether it peaks or not - it doesn't mean it goes away. Once the masses flock to the lake because "they think its over" there's a good chance it will surge again in that area. Yup, I'll be one of those people but I probably won't be visiting any bars this year and I can bring everything I need from home to avoid the stores for the most part. Hopefully I'm 1000% wrong because it won't be summer without a pain in the ass from The Fish. Ah well, I can take that money and put it towards some work on the house
    I am thinking that you are spot on for allot of people. It was great to see a busy lake today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last week, I posted on page 6 of this thread a chart of the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation’s (IMHE) projected deaths for Missouri through August 1st.

They made some major downward revisions in the last few days. Instead of 1,219 deaths, they’re now projecting 352 deaths. In fact, they project that that level will be reached by the end of May, with no increases thereafter.

Here’s an updated chart, comparing last week’s and this week’s projections:

My Ride
    Formula 370 SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    And today Missouri is back up to 548 deaths projected.
    I know Greg Busta.

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed that, overnight, they reduced the cumulative projected deaths through August 4th for the entire country from 81,000 to 60,415. (A long, long way from the 100,000 to 240,000 deaths we were recently told to expect.)

When I see short-term projections change that much, and be so far off, I become even more skeptical of the dire global warming projections for 30-80 years from now.