Post Thanks / Like

Docks and Ameren

I am sure there are plenty of rocks that have been grandfathered in over the years. Iíve read through some threads but have a couple of questions to get going in the right direction. I read a thread where someone talked about a dock being anchored to a tree. What I think I got from this, is that it is ok to do this if it is your tree? I assume the right thing to do if purchasing a property with a dock is to get ameren involved up front? If you do this, will they also visually check your neighbors dock (such as how it is anchored, etc)? I read where shore line footage determines dock maximum width. What determines how long (distance out into cove) a dock can be? If a dock has a fairly long walkway and you need to add length, can you shorten the walkway if water depth allows?

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much all your answers here. https://www.ameren.com/missouri/resi...rements-safety

If the property has a dock, then it has to have a permit, which you would transfer. Not sure if they reinspect.
    The property lines of your lot continue into the water at the same angle.

My Ride
    38 EC Fountain/252 Formula
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look at the property on Ameren a map. It will show the propert lines. They extend into the water. As far as how far out you can go. It’s 1/3 of the width of the cove. Anchoring of the dock isn’t regulated as far as I know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx. I’ve been reading the Ameren regs. Man that is some dry reading. They didn’t leave anything out. I assume the 25’ from center or 1/3 of cove width is at the narrowest point of property?

My Ride
    Formula 336 SR1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Recommend to go to meet or call Ameren at their office off of W road next to the dam. I found them very helpful and willing to work a reasonable solution for the situation. They have a representative for each section on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boater34 View Post
    Recommend to go to meet or call Ameren at their office off of W road next to the dam. I found them very helpful and willing to work a reasonable solution for the situation. They have a representative for each section on the lake.
    Thanks. Appreciate the direction