Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Its here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the airline emissions language is in the bill - for 2050. Just to add a little light to the back and forth partisan talk, here is a link to an article that lists all the provisions in the democrats bill. Hard to argue with a good bit of it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-145388

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care what side of the aisle your on, IMO career politicians are the problem. We need term limits.
    Then no more 2.000 page bills that are full of extra crap and waste.

My Ride
    38 EC Fountain/252 Formula
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazon should help the post office. The post office looses money on every package they ship for amazon. Also those post office amazon delivery’s on Sunday are amazon employees in post office vehicles. Fed ex didn’t renew there contract with amazon because loosing money is bad business.

Post Thanks / Like
    If they actually wanted to help people and business mitch would have introduced one simple bill to help individuals but no he called for 2 votes on 2 Bill's he knew would not pass to get people bitching

My Ride
    Formula 336 SR1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lake_carl View Post
    If they actually wanted to help people and business mitch would have introduced one simple bill to help individuals but no he called for 2 votes on 2 Bill's he knew would not pass to get people bitching
    You do realize that the bill that was voted down on Sunday & Monday was a bi-partisan bill. It wasn't until Pelosi arrived and said no - I've got my own ideas - that it went down in flames. Don't you find it interesting that Pelosi release over a thousand page bill hours after arriving back to D.C? Seems as if she was planning that all along - playing political games. Now if you think that all of the goodies in her bill, like early voting, grants to the arts, etc, etc. are proper - so be it. However, you can save the democratic talking points that are being sent out to try and convince everyone that crap is actually roses.

My Ride
    A trawler, a toon, a dinghy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Yes, the airline emissions language is in the bill - for 2050. Just to add a little light to the back and forth partisan talk, here is a link to an article that lists all the provisions in the democrats bill. Hard to argue with a good bit of it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-145388
    Thanks for the article/link, Dash. It puts the best spin on the democrat's proposals I have seen, and it makes a LITTLE bit of it seem logical. If you are into this stuff and like to watch what each side of the aisle is trying to accomplish, the link above is worth a read for those who haven't seen it.

Having said that, despite the effort to make the dem's additions to this bill seem like they would be good for the country, even that article fails miserably. If you read through it and actually think about each point (even just a little), you quickly realize how pointless (best case), patronizing, childish, offensive, or destructive (worst case) each point really is. They are pathetic. What a sad state that party is in. We are a much stronger country when both parties are capable, but we do not have that situation now. I'm not a fan of either party, but I can tell which one is doing the most harm. That's easy to see.
    Carefree/Scottsdale, AZ and 8MM at LOTO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boater34 View Post
    You do realize that the bill that was voted down on Sunday & Monday was a bi-partisan bill. It wasn't until Pelosi arrived and said no - I've got my own ideas - that it went down in flames. Don't you find it interesting that Pelosi release over a thousand page bill hours after arriving back to D.C? Seems as if she was planning that all along - playing political games. Now if you think that all of the goodies in her bill, like early voting, grants to the arts, etc, etc. are proper - so be it. However, you can save the democratic talking points that are being sent out to try and convince everyone that crap is actually roses.
    No I read and saw interviews where top democrat and republican senators were in meeting and negotiating with White House staff when Mitch called for first vote

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    And here is why there is still hope. Common sense just may win out here. As President Trump said about 30 times yesterday, we have to get back to work. IF and ONLY IF that realization is starting to sink in, then we might get out of this without economic devastation. This, in my opinion, is BY FAR the most intelligent article I have read on this situation:https://www.conservativereview.com/n...in-us-matters/

If you care about this at all, then give that link 90 seconds of your time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ2LOTO View Post
    And here is why there is still hope. Common sense just may win out here. As President Trump said about 30 times yesterday, we have to get back to work. IF and ONLY IF that realization is starting to sink in, then we might get out of this without economic devastation. This, in my opinion, is BY FAR the most intelligent article I have read on this situation:https://www.conservativereview.com/n...in-us-matters/

If you care about this at all, then give that link 90 seconds of your time.
    Good article. I’ve wondered the same thing. I hate to say this as this is a terrible virus but did we overreact due to politics? Testing is slow, at least in this area. My concern was once they streamline testing and the number of those infected climb, which they surely will, is this going to trigger another major panic? I’m on the edge of the “age of concern” and I am cautious, but I haven’t lost my mind.....I don’t think. I am proud to say I have not purchased one roll of tp since this began. Hopefully we can “get back to work” soon and turn this around. It appears there are some hopeful medications to help out.

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JLMSooner View Post
    Good article. I’ve wondered the same thing. I hate to say this as this is a terrible virus but did we overreact due to politics? Testing is slow, at least in this area. My concern was once they streamline testing and the number of those infected climb, which they surely will, is this going to trigger another major panic? I’m on the edge of the “age of concern” and I am cautious, but I haven’t lost my mind.....I don’t think. I am proud to say I have not purchased one roll of tp since this began. Hopefully we can “get back to work” soon and turn this around. It appears there are some hopeful medications to help out.
    We cannot yet know if we overreacted. I do understand most (certainly not all) of the decisions to shut things down. I think they had little choice. It will be a great thing if we later say it was an err on the side of caution. That would be great news. My hope is that we are able to deem it safe/advisable/intelligent to get back to normal soon. I'm not advocating doing it too early. I'm just somewhat optimistic that soon we determine it is OK. It will be an economic necessity, so hopefully it will prove to be OK to do health wise as well.

My Ride
    Waverunner / Work loaners
    Post Thanks / Like
    Makes ya miss the good ole days..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Iowa across the river from Neb city/LOTO,Gravois arm
    My Ride
    32ft regal & cig cafe racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good one donw ������

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AZ2LOTO;742350]We cannot yet know if we overreacted. I do understand most (certainly not all) of the decisions to shut things down. I think they had little choice. It will be a great thing if we later say it was an err on the side of caution. That would be great news. My hope is that we are able to deem it safe/advisable/intelligent to get back to normal soon. I'm not advocating doing it too early. I'm just somewhat optimistic that soon we determine it is OK. It will be an economic necessity, so hopefully it will prove to be OK to do health wise as well.[/QUOTE

If you look at the hospitals in other countries that are further along in the infection cycle it's obvious that we had to try to buy time and also stretch out the flood of people infected. If you have dealt with someone that needed hospitalization in the last 5 years you know that the hospitals are in a severe shortage of beds and worse nurses. Hopefully we have bought some time and can now shorten the icu length of stays so our medical system can keep their head above water.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just read where scientists believe it has a slow mutation rate so they're hoping one vaccine shot will prevent you from getting it for a long time similar to measles or chickenpox instead of like the flu that needs a new vaccine every year. Obviously it's too early to tell but this would be huge if true. A vaccine is a ways away which still doesn't help us in the short term.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    https://grapevine.is/news/2020/03/24...19-in-iceland/
    Itís been confirmed that an individual who tested positive for COVID-19 in Iceland has been infected by two strains of the virus simultaneously. The second strain is a mutation of the original novel coronavirus. It is thought that this could be the first recorded dual infection case of this kind.