Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Its here.

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Its here.

The chinese virus is officially here so be careful.
    https://www.lakeexpo.com/news/corona...ce7783aa7.html

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

My Ride
    John Deere
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was just a matter of time. Between all the people coming to the lake to get away from the city and slow reaction time from the local, state and federal government.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why local authorities did not shutdown the St Pats Pub Crawl is beyond belief. Significant numbers of people were probably exposed to the virus. I assume that it's all about the revenue. The area may pay a heavy price.

My Ride
    John Deere
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paradise found View Post
    Why local authorities did not shutdown the St Pats Pub Crawl is beyond belief. Significant numbers of people were probably exposed to the virus. I assume that it's all about the revenue. The area may pay a heavy price.
    I agree

Post Thanks / Like
    Many of my Clients are out of state and several have been out of the country and returned within the last 2 weeks....I've tried to use common sense precautions.

As of last week the real estate market here at the Lake was very, very, active with multiple offers on properties being common....inventory of Lake homes and condos is less than 1/2 of what is was 5 years ago. As of right now I am not aware of any restrictions in the works that will cancel or limit the showing/listing/buying of properties at the Lake but we do have a new disclosure and contingency form that should be part of future transactions.

Who know what the future holds but I can't think of a better place to ride this out than the Lake of the Ozarks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that is very low inventory. Is that just one listing per agent at the lake? lol, kidding
    Interesting to see the numbers.

I'm the designer for one of the largest MLS providers. I'm curious to hear what our agents start asking for. I'm planning to start talking a lot about facilitating virtual showings.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    A trawler, a toon, a dinghy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully the anxiety levels can remain in check. It is almost certain there are hundreds of more people near you (or me, wherever we are) that have been exposed to the virus. Likely thousands more around you/me. I would think we will all have some exposure to it soon, will we not? Hopefully people will remain calm when numbers explode. This isn't a onesy-twosey kind of thing. It's huge, with exponential growth, but we can still stay calm. Expect the growth.

Small numbers to big numbers:
    There are around 35,000 reported cases in the US now. From what I understand there should be hundreds of thousands and then climbing into the millions over the next few days. Sounds horrible, right? It's expected, and just math. It should happen that quickly. It will be huge win if it does not. How great that would be! So we should expect it, and be calm. Here is an interesting look at the numbers. When 59,965,000 more cases develop in the US (yes, that is 59 MILLION more), then it will have almost equalled the number of reported cases the US had with H1N1 in 2009-10. That's 35 thousand today, vs 60 MILLION to match H1N1. Hardly anyone even remembers H1N1. I know they are not the same thing, but we have a way of overcoming this stuff.

I'm pretty sure the leading scientists expect the numbers to far surpass H1N1. So again, hopefully people are getting that idea and will remain calm when they start seeing 3 more zeros on the stats and we start talking millions rather than thousands.

Interesting good stat:
    For some reason we have watched the % of cases that require hospitalization drop from around 19% a couple of weeks ago to 4% now. That is amazingly good news! Let's hope it stays low like that. What a great win that would be for our healthcare system workers if that number can stay as low as possible. It will be a horrible thing if our healthcare workers are faced with the decisions Italy's workers are having to make. In fact I think they are no longer allowed to put anyone 60 or over on a ventilator. What a horrible situation. My brother is a respiratory therapist on the west coast. So he most certainly will be exposed to this. I hope he never has to make that type of decision.

What if I have it?
    When/if I get it, there is a pretty good chance I will not even know it. That is outcome #1. I could be completely asymptomatic and my body fights it off. Or, outcome #2 is that I could show symptoms of a cold, and feel a little under the weather for a few days. In both of those cases, I would never even know I had it. An unreported case -- like millions of others I suspect. Less likely would be the 3rd outcome where I feel really horrible and need minor medical attention. From what I understand from the stats, even if I get it, there is about a 96% chance that one of those 3 outcomes will be the result. So, that seems like good logic to remain calm even if you have it. Less likely yet would be I need hospitalization (I think that is the 4% chance number being reported now). Less likely yet, and a subset of the 4%, I could die. Quite a range, right? I like to think I could use that logic to remain calm even if I tested positive someday.

Remain calm and civil. It seems like that is the key to controlling this. Some municipalities have already started to lose their minds with their "kicking people out" mentality. Their overprotective actions are creating unnecessary activity, travel, and social interaction and it will be to the detriment of everyone involved. The unintended consequences of their actions will be far worse than if they took no action at all. It would seem we should all respect the social distancing advice, and/or shelter in place orders to best flatten the curve. It gives our healthcare system the chance to handle this. We owe each other that discipline. This doesn't have to define all of 2020. It might, but it might not if we do what is right.
    Carefree/Scottsdale, AZ and 8MM at LOTO

Post Thanks / Like
    If chloroquine proves as effective in treating this virus as has been shown in a few, limited studies, then this situation could improve very dramatically in short order. It wasn’t until late last week that the FDA approved chloroquine’s use to treat the virus, and since it reportedly takes about six days of treatment for chloroquine to show its effectiveness, we could start hearing some really great news later this week. Keep your fingers crossed.

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now if the Democrats can pull their heads out of their asses! While risking our economy and many small businesses now, they want to add things to the recovery bill like decreasing emissions on aircraft by 50% by 2050. It is not that emissions are not important, but we have some serious short term challenges to overcome. Joe has remained quiet so that he is not connected to these idiots (mainly Schumer and Pelosi) when it backfires on them.

Iowa across the river from Neb city/LOTO,Gravois arm
    My Ride
    32ft regal & cig cafe racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Senator Kennedy had a good one today on how the country was founded by genesis's but is run by idiots now. What a mess DC is in. Be safe and kind to your fellow man (person) please.

My Ride
    John Deere
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 36Tango View Post
    Now if the Democrats can pull their heads out of their asses! While risking our economy and many small businesses now, they want to add things to the recovery bill like decreasing emissions on aircraft by 50% by 2050. It is not that emissions are not important, but we have some serious short term challenges to overcome. Joe has remained quiet so that he is not connected to these idiots (mainly Schumer and Pelosi) when it backfires on them.
    The other side just wants to give money to big business. The biggest idiot of all is the turtle Mitchell McConnell. Even Trump wants to help the people. Turn off idiots like Rush that compared it to the common cold. Noticed even Fox news has changed their tone on the issue. Big business can take a low interest loan. At the lake all the service people are hurting now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KCHOTBOAT View Post
    The other side just wants to give money to big business. The biggest idiot of all is the turtle Mitchell McConnell. Even Trump wants to help the people. Turn off idiots like Rush that compared it to the common cold. Noticed even Fox news has changed their tone on the issue. Big business can take a low interest loan. At the lake all the service people are hurting now.
    Review the Democrat last minute wish list to the Recovery Bill and tell me who the idiots are. The Democratic narrative of "never let a crisis go to waste" is in full play.

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paradise found View Post
    ...The Democratic narrative of "never let a crisis go to waste" is in full play.
    It is really a remarkable time on the left side of the aisle. Their actions leave me to believe they actually want this crisis to last until November. That will be total economic destruction, obviously, and they do not care. They are that selfish and power hungry. It is their weapon, and it is all they have. They didn't create it, of course, but they are most certainly trying to use it to their full advantage, to the point of extending the pain. I never thought I would see the day when elected officials at that high of a level were that self-absorbed, or evil, really. I'm not saying that lightly, but I believe it is true. Look at their actions. I see no other explanation. It is a small fraction of the party, but it is at the top.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my issue with all the stay at home for 15 days, as of last week construction was removed from the list. So guess who has been told go back to traveling and visit construction sites.
    I told them I will go when it is deemed by me to be a emergency and if it can not be done by me using face time or webex.

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which side is the problem?:
    “This is a tremendous opportunity to restructure things to fit our vision,” Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-SC) reportedly told his colleagues this week.
    Isn't that amazing? It didn't even have to be said. Their actions tell that story, but I guess they even admit it.
    BTW, included in the bill the Dems stopped was $350 BILLION in a program specifically for SMALL businesses to help them get through this economic turmoil. Not to mention the balance of the $1.8 Trillion bill of aid to our healthcare industry and economic relief.
    Pelosi and the gang basically said..... now hold on just one minute. Before we make sure our hospitals and healthcare workers have gloves, masks, ventilators, and take other actions to make sure fewer people die, and before we do anything to help businesses survive these troubled times with the fewest layoffs possible; let's spend a few hours adding 500 more pages (really, 500 more) to this bill to take care of urgent matters like airline emissions standards thirty years from now. Oh, and let's add a ream of paper to this bill that addresses the gender and racial quotas on senate subcommittee assignments going forward. She is elected to serve. Do any of her constituents care about that right now? Of course not. But if she can delay progress, extend the pain, increase the economic chaos, and make sure things are really bad in November, then power shifts to them.