Thread: Mercury wiring

Post Thanks / Like

Mercury wiring

First time posting here. I have no idea where to even start nor do I know if this forum is even the place to post something like this.

My biddy has an old 50ís aluminum boat 14-15íish and recently bought a new 2019 mercury 15. Iíve been asked to wire it and of course he lost all the manuals and paperwork that comes with the motor. I donít know what any of these wires do and the Internet is useless to find schematics on something this specific mostly because I have no clue what to type In to search.

Does anybody know where these wires going into the throttle go? Whatís power, whatís switched, ground, etc.. The wiring and cables from the throttle to the motor is all set and ready to go. But I have no idea what these input wires do.

I apologize if this is irrelevant to this forum but I have no idea where to turn from here. I donít know what kind of throttle this is and I donít know much about the motor. Iíve never owned a boat In my life and am extremely unfamiliar with everything marine related so go easy on me haha. I appreciate it

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a fine post for here. The knowledge base here is vast.

This looks pretty helpful:
    https://maxrules.com/fixmercwiringcodes.html
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marine wiring color codes are pretty universal and what Dredd posted should be about all you need.