Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nft

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like

Nft

Boy, I think that there are going to be ALLOT of small and large businesses really struggle at the lake this year. Some people may really enjoy the reduced numbers, but it will definitely leave a mark. This happening at the beginning of an already short season is tough. We will try to support with the dockside pickups, but that can only go so far.

The ONLY thing that may be a silver lining is that the whole thought of NFT will go away! Hopefully all of the locals will now see the real value in the FT"s!

Post Thanks / Like
    NFT day is just a day to party... It lost it's meaning to those of us that live here YEARS ago. The only ones making a big deal about it is those that want to keep it alive in folk lore. The Lake has/is becoming a year round home to many, so it is a LONG way from just being tourism, yet that is still the main premise of the economy.
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m not sure the NFT is gone. There has been an extreme amount of hateful discourse on the three large lake Facebook sites. Many feel that second home owners should not be coming here to weather out the Covid-19 storm.
    Commissioner Hasty quotes “70% of the homes in Camden County are second home owners”. In 2019 the average offshore single-family home sale was $163,617. The average waterfront single-family home sale was $315,907, 51% higher. You can safely assume then, that second home owners are footing at least 70% of county government and school system (which, by the way, takes 67.4% of all property tax). This doesn’t count the sales tax that they pay that funds the cities. Not counting the many jobs they support through their patronage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Living here over 20 years almost all others I know that live here do not really think FTs are people who own condos, homes, or even large boats they stay on. Most think these people are what really drives our community. What many think are tourist are the people that at most come twice a year renting places to stay and trashing so many things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lake_carl View Post
    Living here over 20 years almost all others I know that live here do not really think FTs are people who own condos, homes, or even large boats they stay on. Most think these people are what really drives our community. What many think are tourist are the people that at most come twice a year renting places to stay and trashing so many things.
    You obviously haven't been reading Fakebook lately.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I too think that the people bitching on FB are the same ones that are ALWAYS the victims to everything! Hate growth, Hate noise, Hate lines, Hate....

YET they are the same ones that are bitching restaurants cant make it, Outlet Mall is shrinking, cant get more than $10/hr working, Want better programs and of course better infrastructure. Yet bitch....

Just saying, Bitcher's are going to Bitch. Personally it seems like white noise to me.

Make a difference, support what gets us to the goal or get the hell out of the way!!!!! Whew.... I feel better!
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkRick View Post
    I’m not sure the NFT is gone. There has been an extreme amount of hateful discourse on the three large lake Facebook sites. Many feel that second home owners should not be coming here to weather out the Covid-19 storm.
    Commissioner Hasty quotes “70% of the homes in Camden County are second home owners”. In 2019 the average offshore single-family home sale was $163,617. The average waterfront single-family home sale was $315,907, 51% higher. You can safely assume then, that second home owners are footing at least 70% of county government and school system (which, by the way, takes 67.4% of all property tax). This doesn’t count the sales tax that they pay that funds the cities. Not counting the many jobs they support through their patronage.
    Fell into a keyboard argument the other night with a guy who was complaining about us second home owners. he seemed to like my tax money for the schools but complained that they had to pay to participate in programs. I finally had to stop myself.

My Ride
    24 ft Four Winns
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hughey View Post
    fell into a keyboard argument the other night with a guy who was complaining about us second home owners. He seemed to like my tax money for the schools but complained that they had to pay to participate in programs. I finally had to stop myself.
    bully!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE GHOST View Post
    bully!!
    I miss Terry's site and Jack!

My Ride
    38 EC Fountain/252 Formula
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m not on any of the FB lake pages. The bitching and snitching by the crabby women aren’t worth any good info

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flatrate View Post
    I’m not on any of the FB lake pages. The bitching and snitching by the crabby women aren’t worth any good info
    AMEN! Midwest Boat Party for the win.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    1992 24' baja outlaw whippled
    Post Thanks / Like
    The past few posts demonstrates exactly why we keep the door open and the lights on here, FB is a $hit show with no relevant information or intelligent conversation, even on the boating pages
    Midwest Boat Party - Business Operations

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hughey View Post
    I miss Terry's site and Jack!
    Jack always had an interesting way of looking at things, even if he was wrong most of the time!

My Ride
    A trawler, a toon, a dinghy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    AMEN! Midwest Boat Party for the win.
    Quote Originally Posted by baditude View Post
    The past few posts demonstrates exactly why we keep the door open and the lights on here, FB is a $hit show with no relevant information or intelligent conversation, even on the boating pages
    And thank you guys for doing so!
    Carefree/Scottsdale, AZ and 8MM at LOTO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 36Tango View Post
    Jack always had an interesting way of looking at things, even if he was wrong most of the time!
    Agree, but a good vet.