Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone use Boat US?

I was wondering if anyone recommends Boat Us?

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have paid for coverage for probably 15 years and have never used it. That said, it sure gives me comfort for me or any of our family. With 6 boats and 2 waverunners, they are bound to save our butts sometime. They also cover us up to 100 miles offshore in Florida.

My Ride
    Chaparral 256ssi
    Post Thanks / Like
    No brainer, I thought everybody did. Wouldn’t be without it.

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used for 10+ years, no boat now, no need ---- Never had to utilize, but it was comforting to know that I had coverage if I had broken down ......
    Life is gooder in retirement !!!! - Endless Summer Live Life !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 36Tango View Post
    I have paid for coverage for probably 15 years and have never used it. That said, it sure gives me comfort for me or any of our family. With 6 boats and 2 waverunners, they are bound to save our butts sometime. They also cover us up to 100 miles offshore in Florida.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickb View Post
    No brainer, I thought everybody did. Wouldn’t be without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakerat View Post
    I used for 10+ years, no boat now, no need ---- Never had to utilize, but it was comforting to know that I had coverage if I had broken down ......

what does it cover?

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Running out of gas (you need to pay for gas)
    Bringing out a new battery (you pay for the battery)
    Towing to anywhere on the lake (marina/personal dock)
    Pull you off a sandbar (not as big of deal at LOTO)

Post Thanks / Like
    Like Tango I've had it forever. Never needed it until my water pump went out last year. They were there in 45 minutes. Pulled me to my dock. No charge. They wouldn't even take a tip. It was cheap peace of mind all those years I didn't need it and even cheaper insurance when I did.

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that I can deal with allot of things, but my kids spend quite a bit of time on the waverunners and fishing boat. Gives me peace of mind knowing that they have help if needed.

My Ride
    Chaparral 256ssi
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve had it ever since my first $200 tow about 8 years ago. It covers you on all owned watercraft, we had 6 at one time. I have used it 4-5 times,at one time I wondered why they didn’t cancel me. Charlie, the operator at one time before he retired last year, knew the way to my dock.

My Ride
    Powerquest 380 Avenger
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had it and used it twice for a dead battery (think I’d learn). Well worth it
    If stupid could fly, you'd be a Jet!

Glenwood, IA/10mm Spring Cove/Poplar Bluff, MO
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had it for years and well worth the piece of mind.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    "You can fall many times in life...But you're never a failure as long as you try to get up!" - Evel Knievel

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had it for 9 years. I've used it 3 times. Just one of those tows was $300 so I'm probably still money ahead. I never even saw the charge for the other two tows. The piece of mind is pretty priceless though.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

Ponte Vedra Beach FL/Wildwood MO/ LOTO - 1MM Big Niangua
    My Ride
    Mariah Z272, Bennington 2575RL
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have had it for about 12 years. I used in within the first month that I got it (only time I had to use it). Luckily, I haven't needed it since. We were stuck on the boat in early march in an area of the lake with not much going on. It was very reassuring to have them come and bring our boat back in. I wouldn't be without it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone. I am getting it right now. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can tie two threads together. I burned the flaps off my raw water impeller even though I had used copious amounts of dish soap in the assembly. Craziest thing i ever saw. Have had the boat for decades never happened before.

Anyway I was stranded about a mile from the resort dock with a very hot engine and no tow insurance. Not a single person offered any assistance to me. This was in the Honey Creek arm of Grand Lake Over the Cherokees east of the Highway 59 bridge. I would wait about 20 minutes and start it back up and drive it about 150 yards and let it cool down again. Finally got back to the dock. I thought the thermostat was stuck but it was disintegrated. Then is when I discovered the raw pump was shot. I had a new impeller. Drove up into Grove and bought some parts and put it back together.

Anyway something about getting it that hot caused the hoses to shrink up at the water jackets (I think) allowing copious amounts of water to enter the boat. All I know is it leaked a lot of water. I let it idle in the dock for a long time and not a single thing was acting up so I backed it out and took off this time under the bridge and off to the west. Something told me to look in the engine compartment. Water everywhere. I drove the the SOB back under the bridge as fast as it would pull itself (frowned upon by the GRDA) but I didn't give a ..... I tied it haphazardly to the end of the resort dock and ran the 200 hundred yard to my pickup and trailer and backed it in a long ways, ran to the boat and got it on the trailer. Man did a lot of water drain out of it after pulling the plug.

How to have fun on the water but I purchased the Boat US right after that.