Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    I was wondering if anyone recommends Boat Us?

2 years ago on Shootout weekend, I shredded my fuel pump belt. Threw out the anchor, called Boat US and Tow Boat had me back at my dock within a hour of breakdown. Well worth it IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    How much is it?

My Ride
    Chaparral 256ssi
    Post Thanks / Like
    $85/year for unlimited freshwater towing. https://www.boatus.com/towing/gettow...SADEgJcofD_BwE

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a tow from a couple in a SeaRay Pachanga a few years ago. It was a late October afternoon coming back from Ha Ha Tonka. They had also been at Ha Ha Tonka and saw me with an engine hatch up and turned around.

My pride initially turned down the tow, but the gentleman nicely advised, "You and I are the only boats I have seen on this end of the Big Niangua today. You may want me to tow you over to to the marina over there."

I conceded and he towed us to that place southeast of the 54 bridge. (Ver Wassen-something? Not sure they are still open). The gentleman was right. He was the last boat I saw after he towed us to the marina.

Turned out I was out of gas. I replaced the fuel tank sending unit and signed up for BoatUS the next day.

My Ride
    Fountain
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had it for years and will keep it. We are actually shooting a commercial for them this morning.
    "that's my booaat" - Forrest Gump

My Ride
    2007 Chaparral 276 SSX
    Post Thanks / Like
    I renew every year... good piece of mind, and it doesn't matter what you're driving, they'll come help. Saved me from a dead battery on my bass boat once... got there in great time too.

My Ride
    A trawler, a toon, a dinghy
    Post Thanks / Like
    They also have a rider you can purchase for trailer assist, too. As I recall, it is very cost effective as well. Blown tires, wheel bearings..... things happen on the road, too, and that same peace of mind applies there. We used to tow every year from AZ to LOTO. We never had to call them, but we always had the coverage and it was very reasonably priced.
    Carefree/Scottsdale, AZ and 8MM at LOTO

Post Thanks / Like
    Just tried the link to sign up and it won't do the 85.00 on water towing? We are at LOZ 100% so that's all I need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Petemag View Post
    Just tried the link to sign up and it won't do the 85.00 on water towing? We are at LOZ 100% so that's all I need.
    Make sure when you are applying online, that you check the drop down box for towing for inland fresh water lakes and rivers to get to the $85 total.