Thread: Tech question

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like

Tech question

I need to backup my PC to the cloud. What service is the easiest for somebody really dumb in the IT world to navigate? Thanks in advance.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Microsoft One Drive works well for me. The main reason I like it over others that I've tried is that it's not resource intensive (doesn't rob much horsepower to run).
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    Cafe Racer & 2 Champions
    Post Thanks / Like
    Depends what you want to back up. Files and photos, Onedrive is good. Google Docs is good for that too. There are space limits to Onedrive of 1 TB if I recall for the cheaper plans. If you're looking for a more full featured backup, look at something like CrashPlan: https://www.crashplan.com/en-us/. I have used that lots of times for clients that want to back up their home PCs, it works well, and is easy to set up.

My Ride
    31 foot Baby Blue boat
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use BackBlaze for my company files. It is only $60 a year and has great capacity. The setup is easy and you can schedule backups at any time and any day.

My Ride
    John Deere
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just buy a solid state drive or two and back it up. Unless you need remote access. I do have unlimited storage in dropbox because of work. I also have google drive which is fine. My concern is future cost.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KCHOTBOAT View Post
    Just buy a solid state drive or two and back it up. Unless you need remote access. I do have unlimited storage in dropbox because of work. I also have google drive which is fine. My concern is future cost.
    I like to have stuff in the cloud because if the house burnt then at least I'd still have all my documents and photos preserved. Also being able to pull up any document on my phone from anywhere is more convenient than you can imagine until you do it a few times.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations