Iowa across the river from Neb city/LOTO,Gravois arm
    My Ride
    32ft regal & cig cafe racer
    Post Thanks / Like

BRP discontinues Evinrude outboards motor line

C 19 cause another casualty as BRP closes the door on the Evinrude line. They stop make Johnson’s in 2007 after buying OMC in 2000.

https://www.myfishingpartner.com/evi...-motor-lineup/

My Ride
    1992 24' baja outlaw whippled
    Post Thanks / Like
    BRP had a loss of 226 million in the the first quarter of 2020 Id say they were hurting long before Covid
    Midwest Boat Party - Business Operations

My Ride
    34 Superboat
    Post Thanks / Like
    That and they are closing a plant in Arkansas that builds aluminum boats ..... rough times for the industry

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    As part of a real estate deal, we bought a small Evinrude dealership last year. It is pretty much just a service center, as few in the market want to buy a 2 stroke. Even for the hard core 2 stroke guys, the G2 missed the mark when it came to reliability.

It is amazing how many 3 hp to 50 hp engines we service that date back to the 50’s-70’s. When they leave the shop they just purr like a kitten. Until now, parts have always been available for old Evinrude. Hopefully that continues.

It will be interesting if and when the “Ghost” project hits the market. Most are thinking the power head will be a 4 stroke Rotax.

My Ride
    1995 Chris Craft 33 Crowne
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 36Tango View Post
    It is amazing how many 3 hp to 50 hp engines we service that date back to the 50’s-70’s. When they leave the shop they just purr like a kitten. Until now, parts have always been available for old Evinrude. Hopefully that continues.
    I live on a 9.9 HP restricted lake, and the old johnsons and evinrudes are everywhere. I've gone through 4 of them now and for very little money they all run like champs. Amazing little motors. If it wasn't for the noise, I'd never have moved to a 4 stroke.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    On a higher note, Oxe is moving production here to the states. Seems like the grunt of a diesel would be good for the big "crossover" center consoles. I assume they are moving production here because their focus is on military and LE though.

https://www.oxe-diesel.com/
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by natesms View Post
    I live on a 9.9 HP restricted lake, and the old johnsons and evinrudes are everywhere. I've gone through 4 of them now and for very little money they all run like champs. Amazing little motors. If it wasn't for the noise, I'd never have moved to a 4 stroke.
    Dont throw them away! We always have folks in here looking for 9.9 to 25 hp. We accumulate "junk" ones and repair them in the winter for spring resale.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you on one of the lakes north of the river?

My Ride
    1995 Chris Craft 33 Crowne
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdonnellyjr View Post
    Are you on one of the lakes north of the river?
    Yep, Weatherby. I love having my junk pontoon, pretty relaxing when WOT equates to 8 mph.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, Weatherby. I love having my junk pontoon, pretty relaxing when WOT equates to 8 mph.

Nice. i live by Worlds of fun so I go to Smithville a lot.