Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justfishing View Post
    What was wrong with it
    View is of the GG bridge and car traffic. Was at the lake at noon and called the desk and asked if possible to check in early. They said call back in an hour. Called back and said call back at 3pm. Still not ready and said call back again. Showed up at 4pm which is check in time and still not ready. They had every unit cleaned and ready except ours and didn't get to check in until 5. Talke dto cleaning staff and they said they could have had it done hours ago but office never told them. Boat slip cost was double going rate at most other resorts and gave me a hard time about sticking out 2 feet. Unit was totally outdated. Water heater leaked and flooded unit. They replaced water heater but only put a fan on the carpet in our bedroom to dry it. Said we could not move to another unit. Carpet was wet for 3 days and walk on a soggy floor every time we went to bed or got up.

Post Thanks / Like
    They are a time share and do operate differently. They do flip all thier units on a saturday. Its not a luxury place but i have found it well maintained. It is setup more for the owners as they get free dock space.

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know its a timeshare place. I traded for it through RCI. I have stayed at Holiday Shores numerous times since the current owners bought it some 15 years ago and also own a week at Vintage Landing. IMO, both are far superior to Lakewood.