Glenwood, IA/10mm Spring Cove/Poplar Bluff, MO
    Post Thanks / Like

Masons...Tuckpointer maybe?

Have water leaking into the ceiling below a bad wall/second floor cement patio joint. I cleaned and caulked it last year but the caulk is not sticking to the rock. Just washing off the patio with a hose results in water running out of a hvac grill in the ceiling inside the house. Dinwiddie Masonry was recommended but wont return phone calls. Anyone else someome on here might of had experience with? This HAS to be fixed. Drywalled ceiling will be coming down after this gets fixed. Not my house, I just take care of it. Im thinking flashing should be installed on the bottom course of rock but thats mason stuff.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    "You can fall many times in life...But you're never a failure as long as you try to get up!" - Evel Knievel

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd cut out and grind out all the old caulk and then fill with Vulkem caulk. The issue is that no caulk will stick to the silicone that is there. It may need to sand blasted to get it all off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I'd cut out and grind out all the old caulk and then fill with Vulkem caulk. The issue is that no caulk will stick to the silicone that is there. It may need to sand blasted to get it all off.
    That looks like silicone but there is no silicone at all. Its a different color in the rock. I wire brushed with a drill to get a clean and rough surface for that sealer but its pulling away. Wont stick to that stone but sticks very well to the concrete. This stone is from St Genevive. Its sloughing off in small sheets in many places. Patios look like the base of Mt Rushmore at times. Haha

Different view showing darker stone.
    "You can fall many times in life...But you're never a failure as long as you try to get up!" - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow up post: Contacted 2 masonry guys. Smith in Jeff City and Angst in Lebanon. Angst kept his appt time (plus was a little early) and pointed out improper drainage, lack of flashing, stones set at improper angles, and poor joints. He is sending a bid this week. So far so good.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like many on here, I attempt to do allot of stuff on my own, but sometimes it just takes a pro. It does sound like it would be good to cut off the source instead of just doing some sealing. Let us know what the ultimate fix is.