My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like

Midwest Touchless Boat Covers/automatic covers

I kind of like their design better, as it is not custom fit to the boat, but a “box” that drops down over it. This allows its use for different boats down the road. The biggest stumbling block is the $10k (12x32) tat they cost to have installed. Sounds like a ton of money, but maybe not. Does anybody have any suggestions on “fast” covers?

Post Thanks / Like
    my issue was I have problem with cats getting in boat and with that cover they could come and go as they please

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I was to do it again, I would go for it, for the reason you stated ....... I really liked my Marine Concept Cover, I have talked with two owners of the touchless and they were equally as happy as I was ....... Boat stays clean, not a real problem with spiders, but they both had their docks sprayed monthly .......
    Life is gooder in retirement !!!! - Endless Summer Live Life !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I always wondered with the giant square box if it didn’t blow around tremendously in the wind. We get some huge fronts that roll across the lake and hit our dock with a wall of wind and rain.

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baja: A 12X40 piece of fabric has to catch a bunch of wind, but they claim it can handle it. I believe that they have clips to go to the posts that you can connect when away for a period of time. We get some nasty west/northwest winds at times at our dock.

LR: I spray pretty religiously. We spend a ton of time on our dock and don't like the bugs/spiders. Besides spraying the outside of the cover, I have been told to get on the boat, lower the cover, and then spray the inside of the cover.

Cajun- I am able to lift high enough that I have not had a problem with critters. I could see this being a real issue if the boat was left in the water.

I uncover and cover the 37ss Formula and the 28 Skater just about every weekend. The Skater cover is a full cover that covers the entire side, as is the Formula cover. These are big, heavy covers that really suck to do by yourself (an maybe even a bit dangerous). The Mrs is pushing for something automatic more than I, as she sees how much work it is.

My Ride
    420 SeaRay
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody seen or used these: https://spiderliftboatcovers.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    36tango - not to highjack the thread, but. Can you share how you spray the dock. What chemicals? What areas do you spray? Rafter, floats, framing???

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ed.illinois View Post
    36tango - not to highjack the thread, but. Can you share how you spray the dock. What chemicals? What areas do you spray? Rafter, floats, framing???
    I have seen them, but they are custom made for the boat. There is one a cove over from me and it seems to work slick.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 36outlawtodd View Post
    Uh, looks like me trying to fish with an open face reel. But hey, whatever works I suppose.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ed.illinois View Post
    This is the stuff that I use:
    https://www.amazon.com/Gallon-Essent...3550624&sr=8-5

I use it at about twice the strength and spray a couple of times a month. I make certain to spray both side of all of the purlins, plus the bottom of the metal roof on top of the uprights, the floor, the furniture, the face of the shed, inside the shed, and the boat covers. Imagine dunking the dock and boats in a big bowl, thats what I do, and do it religiously. I hate webs.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 36outlawtodd View Post
    They quoted $7800 for my 27' cuddy, in case anyone else is interested.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 36Tango View Post
    This is the stuff that I use:
    https://www.amazon.com/Gallon-Essent...3550624&sr=8-5

I use it at about twice the strength and spray a couple of times a month. I make certain to spray both side of all of the purlins, plus the bottom of the metal roof on top of the uprights, the floor, the furniture, the face of the shed, inside the shed, and the boat covers. Imagine dunking the dock and boats in a big bowl, thats what I do, and do it religiously. I hate webs.
    Any concerns with residue after it dries?

My Ride
    SeaRay 320 Sundancer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Person with the touchless box on our dock still uses his full cover underneath except on weekends when ‘in use’. He is very OCD which I appreciate, but haven’t really talked to him about why he still fully covers underneath when they aren’t down. His lift is high out of water too.